Sorted XL bike for £100 ish

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've a friend looking to get a bike to go on family rides. I've said I'll help him. He's got a small budget but hoping I can help him get something better than a bso.

Anyone got anything in XL size? I don't mind it it needs work as I've got the tools and a few spares to play with, ideally decent cosmetically.

Cheers

Is this any use to you? 22 inch hooger booger on ebay cheap

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cheers, sorted now. I found a Marin bobcat trail on FB for £60. Friend went to look at it, sucked air through his teeth and offered £20 and came away with it. Needs a bit of work but fundamentals are all sound, it's now in my shed for me to rebuild for him.

Cheers, sorted now. I found a Marin bobcat trail on FB for £60. Friend went to look at it, sucked air through his teeth and offered £20 and came away with it. Needs a bit of work but fundamentals are all sound, it's now in my shed for me to rebuild for him.
£20 sounds a steal

Yes, I thought it was good value at £60 so when he brought it round and told me he got it for £20, I said exactly the same. He's off to buy a lottery ticket. He's getting married next week so hoping to get it rebuilt and ready to ride for his return.

Cheers, so far I could probably just get away with replacing the chain, but I'm going to replace the gearing, it is grip shift and while fully working, not his preference so swapping to some Shimano stuff. And will do a strip and rebuild of anything moving just to be sure.

Back