Withdrawn Forks for 26" wheels

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
Hi everyone. So I've got a few bikes in as I ended up buying a bundle to help my local Children's Hospice. They're also going to help me with my fundraising for the hospice that looked after my Grandad so it's a win win. Just wondering if anyone has anything before I resort to those Chinese 'HITPRO' forks on Ebay (£30 for brand new forks sends a shiver down my spine to be honest).

All 1 1/8" threadless steerers.

Set 1 - I need a set with long steerer (around 230mm+). These can be V brake or disc brake as I can work with either. Budget of £40. For an old Giant Boulder.

Set 2 - I'm after a set of disc brake compatible forks. 210mm+ steerer. These are for an old Scott Voltage which is actually pretty clean so I would like a clean set if possible. Maximum budget of £40.

Set 3 - The rubbish set. So yeah I have a modern(ish) Raleigh which is worth about £40 at a push. But it cost me nothing so if I can get a set of forks for £20ish I can still make a bit towards my fundraising and believe me every penny helps at the moment. For these I'm not worried about spec, V brake or disc brake. 220mm+ steerer. It's a bike for someone to take down canal paths so they don't need to be anything special.

Has anyone got anything that could help? I'm not in a rush, I just want to build these to make a bit of money towards my fundraising as hoping to raise £200 towards the entry (Will cost me about £500 for the entry but hoping to raise £2000 for the hospice so it's worth every penny)

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Might be a little old but have some 1997 Judy XC elastomers can measure steerer over the weekend but it is long.

Are you building to fund raise from selling or bought the bikes from a charity sale? IMG_8856.jpeg

Might be a little old but have some 1997 Judy XC elastomers can measure steerer over the weekend but it is long.

Are you building to fund raise from selling or bought

Are you building to fund raise from selling or bought the bikes from a charity sale? View attachment 792655
Simple answer to that is both 🤣.

I bought them as wrecks as the money was going to the local children's hospice. The plan is to fix them up and then sell them and the money made from that will go towards my fundraising. It wont go directly to the charity, I'm trying to raise a couple hundred towards the entry fee so we can enter an event and that will allow us to try and raise £2000 for the hospice that cared for my Grandad as we raised £1700 for them last year and want to do even more next year.

So basically I want to raise £200 for myself so I can raise £2000 for the charity. If that makes sense 😂.

I'll probably only make about £20 or so from each bike but £20 is £20 and if it means I can do the challenge next year and raise that much money for the hospice then I'll put the effort in.

I've got a few forks for sake, if any are of interest I'm sure we can work something out price wise as it's for a good cause.

Thanks Ishaw but the only ones there with a long enough steerer are the spinners and I wouldn't be able to fix the damping issue myself. I'm just after some cheap rubbish Suntours or something like that to get them saleable.

Sorry guys been away for a bit trying to get my life together. I've sorted all of them except a set with 230mm+ steerer if anyone has anything.

Thanks all.

Forget that. My car has decided it wants to be broken (the joys of having to buy cheap old bangers) so can't afford anything to do with bikes for the next few months at least.

Back