Wanted 27.5 non boost forks

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I am giving my eldest who, at 14 is almost as tall as me, a bike I built for myself, but turned out too small so perfect for him currently.

As it was for me originally, it's a decent spec, and while it does wear some decent forks already (revs), I think it would look nicer as a build with forks with black stanchions.

So I'm looking for something equivalent to what's on there, but with black stanchions. 27.5 wheel size, tapered steerer. 140mm ish travel. 15mm bolt through.

Not fussed on brand, not looking for budget forks per se, but do have a limited budget as I'm giving away a build that was pretty expensive so price is a factor.

I'd also consider a Rockshox Reba or revelation CSU in black as I forgot I have a set of legs and internals.

What have you got.

Last edited:
Just suspension was on my mind tbh but could consider rigid, though may have something in the shed with no bounce.

I have some new OG Evkin (AliExpress) ones. I'd need to check A2C if you're interested but this it's 465mm, 100x15mm, tapered steerer. I bought them to use on my old bike bike but changed to 29er and these are surplus to requirement now.

I can probably get you a Suntour for for 27.5 non boost, not high end but adjustable and all black. Let me know and I’ll check.

would seem a step down.
A long step down :LOL:

With the current sales here, there and everywhere, I'd look for a reduced 27.5" new fork and just come up with a 115mm wheel.

I do have a new RS pike select+ 150mm 27'5" boost. Could do that for £220.
It is new but I found the damper adjust knob thing is quite tight to turn. I dont know if thats normal, as it does turn only has some resistance to it and in all honesty I should dismantle and rebuild as its probably because its been sitting in the box for a couple of years(its 2020 or 2021)
220 because of the stiff to turn damper knob. But its this one here so a very good saving.

Pike is 2nd top of the RS range and theres little difference between the select+ and the ultimate. Certainly beefy enough for whatever a teen can throw at it.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll have a think but I'm trying not to need to sort a new wheel up front as the bike is sporting a set of crossmax which would be hard to match a front I think.

Back