Wireless Dongle/Adaptor Query

Do not get a bluetooth dongle, that's a different communication protocol. It won't work.

Getting *just* a 5ghz also might not work. Some routers only work on 2.4ghz. Some work on both. So either 2.4ghz or dual band.

That bt dual band one will work perfectly.
Is almost exactly what I used until I got around to getting a more powerful/faster internal card.
It also means that if you need to swap it to a newer or different computer, you can just unplug it and move it.
It'll either come in a packet with no extras, in which case you just plug it in and it'll pretty much self install. Or it'll come with a cd. The instructions will tell you what to do, some you need to put the disc in first to install software, some you put the hardware in first.

Only "extra" thing you need to do is log in to your router, again, there will be instructions.

Morning all,

Am i being stupid?

What is the EXACT name of the thing i need?

The 'hertz' bit, will my BT 'box' have some indication relating to this?

I had presumed these things were cheapish but the BT one is £29.99 which was more than i expected.

I am really sorry about my lack of knowledge but it is one of the things that i presume you only buy once or twice and i really do not want to spend a load of time researching this for a one time purchase.

Hope you all got your Easter eggs - none for me - dieting at present

Richard

Brilliant - thank you very much

Thanks all for your valuable input into the empty space between my ears.

Happy Easter,

Richard

Back