Wiggle buy out CRC?

Ribble are good and have some harder to find stuff at a good price too. Only issue I had was their rip off postage prices.
With me being up here in the highlands in Scotland every thing is dearer to get sent. I went to get a headset and I asked if they would send it to me by Royal Mail as a courier would cost a lot more. They got back to me and wanted £5.00 extra to send it to me in the Highlands through Royal Mail. I pointed out that it doesn't cost any extra to post to me with Royal mail, doesn't matter whether its next door to them or Cornwall or Inverness, its the same price. They got back to me and said, Royal Mail charge them more! What nonsense, so rather than get blatantly ripped off I went elsewhere. This is obviously how they subsidise their free postage throughout the rest of the UK.
It might be best to make the most of CRC's sale this year, it might be the last of the really low prices. To be fair though, Wiggle aren't too bad on price. I find though that wiggle doesn't have much variety and seems to cater for the masses only.

Jamie

Re:

I just remembered I've ordered dmr moto rt tyres and continental tubes.

Crc 19.99 each for the tyres not sure about the tubes.

Halfords 17.99 each for the tyres and tubes 2.99 each plus free delivery!!

Re:

Good point about certain parts, however it's not just those.. I'd say the majority of the clothes I've bought recently have come from CRC (in their sales); there's also the question over whether their own brand cycling and casual clothing might be closed down; would Wiggle keep Endura on board or prefer just to stock their own DHB stuff, what happens then to OneTen? Would they keep Polaris, having dropped them in favour of Altura? (just as some examples)

It seems to be that Wiggle is more road-centric in their parts & their marketing; and that no doubt keeps up their turnover recently, but I suspect that given the variety of the parts they keep and the clothing and kit choices available, CRC have the better long-term cycle-centric (as opposed to fashionable trend-led) business model if they can weather this storm.

Maybe they'll just take them over but keep the CRC "brand name" as is, perhaps with some background changes?

Wiggle used to be far better variety wise, in my opinion anyway. The last couple of years have been narrowing focus down to selected parts and brands.

Jamie

Back