The big sales slowdown

And you waste a day waiting on the postie to turn up at an undetermined time, if you are even at home and not out at work all day.
It’s true that tracked 24 and 48 can be bought cheaply online but in the past our local post office wouldn’t take it and it could only be dropped off at the delivery office which is only open a couple of hours a day. Second class signed only gives proof of delivery, not tracking.
Well I don’t know the guys exact circumstances, only my own experience. The post office will now take tracked services bought online but there is an additional charge. My local delivery office has adjusted its opening hours so is also open a couple of evenings too.

I’m fortunate enough to not really worry whether something is too dear or cheap…If I need or want a part or bike I’ll just buy it, that’s not to say I don’t partake in a little ‘bartering’ sport in the PM’s with a seller, but ultimately we both get what we want and sometimes a little back and forth can help build a transactional relationship for future sales…

I’m a bit of a hoarder, so many bits sit in the box for ‘that next build’ however I am going to have a clear out soon I think, so I’ll gauge how bad the market is from there.

The forum has definitely slowed down over the last few months though, BOTM threads and general build thread sections have proved that, but I think it’s all cyclic (no pun intended) and us old RB’ers will always migrate back…👍🏼

48h delivery, tracked, booked online through the Royal mail app/ desktop site is £3.29....paypal or card secure payment. Confirmation and documentation sent to you via email.....email to confirm collection and scanning

That includes free collection and free label, which comes with the postie. My postie is here everyday like clockwork.....also on the app you can choose a day for collection (inc sat).......it will even give you the collection time to within an hour slot!

What not to like.

Or evri.....slightly less but hey they might even deliver you package without breaking it or stealing it if lucky...🤣

I live in Ireland and Revolut - an Eastern European Bank is really growing in popularity. Transfers even to uk residents seem to be free and instant.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231101-085750_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231101-085750_Chrome.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 2
I live in Ireland and Revolut - an Eastern European Bank is really growing in popularity. Transfers even to uk residents seem to be free and instant.
I've used Revolut a couple of times when buying from mainland Europe, felt a bit uneasy with it initially as hadn't used it before and it certainly didn't feel straight forward, but both times were positive buying experiences (from the same seller if I recall correctly).

I've used Revolut a couple of times when buying from mainland Europe, felt a bit uneasy with it initially as hadn't used it before and it certainly didn't feel straight forward, but both times were positive buying experiences (from the same seller if I recall correctly).
No issues with it so far for me. Plenty of people have moved from mainstreet banks to this one. If i was selling to the uk i would prefer it tbh.

We use revolut for our company business banking in Europe / worldwide. Excellent and way better than Barclays business banking who we also use.

I was in inclined to agree then I saw this for sale post. Most of it gone in less than 24hrs.

Yes, that was my sale. Genuinely surprised too that everything went (except rockshox) so quickly. Posted it at 5pm Saturday evening and by 10pm almost all sold reserved pending payment. Couple of reflections from me:

1. I decided to advertise including postage to minimise usual “what does it cost” messages back and forth. Simplified communication and steps to buy massively.

2. Decided to just accept PayPal goods as standard. Give buyer the protection they deserve. Interestingly many added an extra bit on cover the fee, when I did not ask. Nice gesture and totally voluntary by each buyer.

3. I take a lot of time to clean components, do good photography, responsive in communication and even document wrapped packages for insurance purposes. I hope this gives every buyer confidence not going to be had / duped.

Seemed to work well

Back