The big sales slowdown

Buyer asked for 2nd Class Tracked.
Website said £4.16.
Went to Post Office and was told, somewhat preremptorily that only tracked service available was next day delivery. Take it or leave it. £8.15 for 276 grams.

Even though the info is obviously incorrect. Whether misinterpreted or misgiven …Why not just buy it online ?

Flight costs have gone the same. Usually pay £50-150 to fly to Spain on Ryanair but last time I flew I arrived at the airport and told them I needed to be there asap and ended up paying £15000 chartering a private jet. How do people afford to fly at these prices 😆

So many reasons, all soundly based in a mix of statistical and anecdotal evidence, already advanced that I have no new insights to offer from my advanced age nor as an "outsider" in terms of devotion to mountain biking as a sport!
And that is the point - there ARE many reasons. Some specific to this site and its members, more much wider.
On sales here I think there has been a move away from complete bikes - focus on parts only really is for true devotees (and many of them already have more "stuff" than they could ever need!
I no longer have the energy to seek and build - for bikes FB Marketplace is my go-to source. Some amazing bargains, but for 5-10 years old bikes.

Next time just book online and have them collect it for free - they will even print the label for you if you select the option.

And you waste a day waiting on the postie to turn up at an undetermined time, if you are even at home and not out at work all day.
It’s true that tracked 24 and 48 can be bought cheaply online but in the past our local post office wouldn’t take it and it could only be dropped off at the delivery office which is only open a couple of hours a day. Second class signed only gives proof of delivery, not tracking.

Back