Last chain reaction cycle orders?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
With the demise of crc/wiggle, did anyone place that final order for posterity?

If so, what did you order and why?

I bought a bunch of stuff, mainly to take advantage of the pricing, but another motivation was, aside from the last order from somewhere I'd been happily buying from for years, was experimentation.

At normal prices, I wouldn't have, but I found myself thinking, will that replacement dropout fit my bike despite being a different brand? Will the frame protector kits work in my frames with modification? Can I use internal routing and cable guides from other bikes on mine? Tools, stuff I don't need but can afford to buy and probably never use

Oh, and nice helmets for the family.

I do fear it won't arrived it's been 6 days 'processing'.

No free gummi bears I'm assuming.

Placed one this morning. 12 items for £25 delivered. End of an era. Most expensive thing was a complete front disc brake inc rotor for a tenner.

Like you, I picked up a bunch of stuff to experiment with/just in case. There are hub servicing kits for 99p which make me wonder if they could be adapted to other hubs. If nothing else, the bearings will be useful. Ditto headsets, very likely I can use the top caps, bearings & perhaps fork crown for something.

Slightly kicking myself for not grabbing the buzzbike ebike, or even another of their hardtails - but I've got 2 working ebikes already, and plenty of other bikes.

I be been watching this thinking that “I’ll place an order at some point, I’ve got all this stuff in my basket it’s not going anywhere “. Then when the time comes it all pretty much vanished and I’ve had to start again! Gutted as I was after a load of the 100% gloves (of all things?)

I just had a look at all "in stock" bike parts. Only 272 things left. They have certainly done a good job of clearing their stock and processing orders. I am glad their business model failed but i do feel sorry for the average (ex) employee there.

I ordered a pair of my favourite Gaerne road shoes. £370 reduced to £85. That's less than half the trade price i normally pay. Bargain!

They have certainly done a good job of clearing their stock and processing orders.
I'm more sure about that yet. My order is still processing any I've had a notification that some items are out of stock :confused:

Looks like the Wiggle/CRC sites are offline now, although if it really is closing down then the message is odd "We're out building new jumps and switchbacks for the Chain Reaction site." I always suspected the free Haribo with each order wasn't financially sustainable for them in the long run...

I've been doing the same over the last few months, picking up odd spares from the CRC fire sale that I probably don't need right now. My last order of a week ago is still 'processing' but it was only £20 (a seatpost, 2 pairs of cleats, 3 bar grip tapes, 3 BB spacers, some chain connector links, a headset top cap and some cable spares) but I knew it would be a risk.

I've been tempted to fill the garage with parts I don't need as well, but I've been sensible and only been buying stuff I might realistically use. Some of the bike deals were really good but I never pulled the trigger. In recent weeks I've had a Prime Attaquer disc wheelset for £99, a really nice Fohn down jacket for £30 (from £180), dhb winter jerseys for the kids for a fiver each, Alpinestars and Nukeproof T-shirts for a fiver. Basically nothing I'd need to send back if they shut down before I had the chance to!

Looks like the Wiggle/CRC sites are offline now, although if it really is closing down then the message is odd "We're out building new jumps and switchbacks for the Chain Reaction site."

I presume that's a generic "this website is offline" message.

1710910839569.png
That's the message on the holding page - looks like no more CRC, and they are processing the remaining orders, I'd assume ( having been there along time ago ) with the bare minimum of staff.

I got my last order last week it took about 8 - 9 days sat on processing before the status finally changed

Latest posts

Back