Wicked fat chance BB Blues: the plot thickens

Re: Re:

Rampage":ayq2w3oz said:
The XT Italian cups fit onto a ISO XT BB iirc.

If it´s threaded italian just get an xt cartridge BB and it´s a done deal. As much as those press fit BB are lovely .. it´s not very practical these days.

Re: Wicked Fat Chance BB Blues: Pics Added

Come on you could have stumped up for next day delivery, the suspense is killing me here....I need a happy ending to this.

Just hope the new cups aren't longer than the cups the shell was recut for.............

Gonna be a pain in the arse if they only screw in half way........

mattr":1gt8du41 said:
Just hope the new cups aren't longer than the cups the shell was recut for.............

Gonna be a pain in the arse if they only screw in half way........

Yes... Yes it would. Dö you like staring into your magic ball and watching my future of bike repair despair? :facepalm:

So everyone riddle me this, what bb is Italian threaded/ diameter but much shorter cups than the Italian standard? The previous owner had the bike built with a threaded bb so whatever it is it exists but he does not seem to remember what he had in it.

The mavics are starting to look better and better but I'd still like to know what.the deal with this bb shell is.

Just to make it painfully clear mattr's prediction was spot on, the Italian threading worked, the diameter was right, but the cups did not screw in all the way leaving them both sticking out way too much...

Depends on the bottom bracket, if the cups are separate, you could get them turned down to the right length. All the "working bits" of the cup are at the outer end. (as long as the rest of the centre core/axle/etc fits in to the shell.)

Back