Help with removing Yo Eddy ‘91 press fit BB

I saw that listing on E bay. Made me smile because it was the same as mine. Dr D's comments on the decals are so true. I would not touch the frame. Ride it, laugh with it, and just marvel what a great package the frame and fork are. When I got mine in 91 I scratched off the Chris Chance sticker on the chain stays, didn't like the look and still don't.
The bottom bracket is easy to change with a threaded rod, couple of nuts, wood blocks and a little patience. SRP has ti collars not sure if they are worth it, but interesting.

Attachments

• 20230220_154324.jpg
    20230220_154324.jpg
    954.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230220_154502.jpg
    20230220_154502.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230220_154338.jpg
    20230220_154338.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
I saw that listing on E bay. Made me smile because it was the same as mine. Dr D's comments on the decals are so true. I would not touch the frame. Ride it, laugh with it, and just marvel what a great package the frame and fork are. When I got mine in 91 I scratched off the Chris Chance sticker on the chain stays, didn't like the look and still don't.
The bottom bracket is easy to change with a threaded rod, couple of nuts, wood blocks and a little patience. SRP has ti collars not sure if they are worth it, but interesting.
That´s a rare headset. wtb modified king.
As for the BB i would look for someone who has experience w/the fat city press fit BB and let him repack the bearings.

That´s a rare headset. wtb modified king.
As for the BB i would look for someone who has experience w/the fat city press fit BB and let him repack the bearings.
My comment in regards to the bb was for installation of the bb. I have replaced my bearings 3 to 4 times over the years. It is not that difficult but I guess it depends on your technical abilities. In terms of repacking the cartridge bearing, I would not bother and just buy a new set. The original NTN ones have an orange face and the SRP ones have a black face. Not sure Phil Wood may make bearings for it.

No personal experience of this bike but have fitted new press fit ball bearings to Viscount Aerospace B/B
in the past

Its not worth trying to save the existing bearings , drive them out as suggested above ( the first is the hardest )
and make a note of any part numbers and preferably the size ( I/D , O/D and width )

You will need some ' Deep Groove Ball Bearings with Snap Rings ' in a sealed version . These are standard
bearings and should be readily available from any bearing supplier

The Snap Ring controls the insertion depth of the bearing into the b/b shell . Just be careful when fitting
the new bearings not to hammer them , ideally use the old bearing to protect the new and squeeze them
into position with a headset tool or similar

Back