Who owns (or has owned) their dream bike?

i lusted after lots as a kid, and hated many of them on trying them

i'll take a hei hei when i can get one.

My dream bike, a 1999 Cannondale F3000 Disk was a pile of shite - bitterly disappointed.

But

I now own a Merckx, not a top end one but a nice one all the same

and

I own a Zaskar LE, which was I suppose, my first dream bike.

When I first saw the GT ZASKAR back home in the Philippines, I said to myself, someday I'm gonna have one. That was when the ZASKAR first came out and yeah, that was years ago. Had numerous bikes over the years, nice ones too, road and MTB. Last year, I acquired a 2006 RACER X with the Ultimate Package, December last year, a Turner 5 Spot then I was able to buy my first ZASKAR, a 1998 though but this is cherry. Less than 150 miles when the owner put it in storage in 2000. Then he decided to sell it (June 2009) and I was the lucky one. Then I decided to sell the Titus and the Turner and sticked with the GT. Awesome bike. Now looking for another one. You'll notice, I'm still using V brakes for the rear. I'm waiting for my Brake Therapy conversion kit.
Here she is when I got her.

Here she is now.
GTZASKAR018.jpg

July609006.jpg

July609007.jpg

July609009.jpg

July609002.jpg

GTZASKAR007.jpg

July609003.jpg

July609005.jpg

July609010.jpg

July609011.jpg

GTZASKAR008.jpg

GTZASKAR005.jpg

GTZASKAR001.jpg

GTZASKAR015.jpg

GTZASKAR017.jpg

always wanted a pace rc100,then the rc200...........now i have a retro/modern rc200 and love it.at a recent race in wales loadsa people were coming up to me saying they loved it and always wanted one bitd.i hope i get a 100 1day but that will be a trailer queen to be honest

always wanted a dogs bolx and salsa a la carte but well see,got my pace and im happy :D

San Andreas was mine. I got one - it was great, but got bored in the end and moved it on (to Gibbleking) ;) I always lusted after an RC200 as well - not sure I'd have one now though - plus they don't make them my size :(

When younger, my friends and I always talked about having the perfect selection of bikes. Something made from Ti, another from alu, one hand made from steel and one of those plastic things – oh and a full suspension ('cause that was all new at the time).

I'm part way to managing the dream listing

Ti – Xizang (YES)
Alu – Pace RC200 (YES)
Hand-made Steel – Fat Wicked (YES)
Plastic (er.carbon) – Ideally a Trimble, or a kestrel, or a Formula One (Guess I'll have to get in line :cry: )

There are others, especially the Rockys that sit above this list and will never be sold, but I feel privileged to have gotten so near to my goal.

PS. If anyone has an interesting carbon frame in good cond, I'll be interested to hear about it.

RichT":1flmqrx5 said:
I guess I owned my dream MTB (or it certainly was for a long time), a Pace Research RC100

Nowadays, I quite fancy;

Yeti 'ARC' (be it an original, or a current model)
Yeti 'ARC-X' (the cyclo-cross bike, someone was riding one of these last season & it's definately a fine looking bike)

Ridley 'X-Night'
Rodley Noah

Scott Addict CX-RC
Scott Addict Ltd (complete with Cavendish style 'rivets' :D )

I forgot to add, a Ritchey P21 Team (of early 90's vintage), as so abley ridden by Thomas Frischnect & Henrik Djernies

Always wanted a Merlin and finally got one last year, its a 93 Mountain and just as nice as I imagined.

Attachments

• Merlin 002.JPG
    Merlin 002.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,181
Back