Which American Courier Company?

That is what I was afraid of, you need to ask the seller to cut the box down, particularly the height which really only needs to be about 20 inches. Also 45 inches is way longer than needed.

I did a price check on the USPS site and if he gets it down to 45x20x7 shipping will be $72 usd. Same price if the box is 40x22x7 which may give the frame more protection.

Steven

flash":2crw4ni7 said:
Right the box is: a 45"x26"x7" with a 18" steel frame and seat post in...
Weight, still to be determined....

That's too big for USPS but not by much (see lewisphoto's post above). I very much doubt you will find it any cheaper than USPS but just need to get it under that "less than 108 inches length plus girth (length+width+height+width+height)" size. Yours comes out at 111" at the moment so you're only just outside it. Weight won't be the issue at all if it's just a frame and a couple of bits.

EDIT: here's the link to the USPS price calculator http://postcalc.usps.com/

lewisfoto":287qofp1 said:
That is what I was afraid of, you need to ask the seller to cut the box down, particularly the height which really only needs to be about 20 inches. Also 45 inches is way longer than needed.

I did a price check on the USPS site and if he gets it down to 45x20x7 shipping will be $72 usd. Same price if the box is 40x22x7 which may give the frame more protection.

Steven

Sorry Steven, you posted whilst I was typing!

Back