Posting Wheels in boxes - again.

Stupid question of the day, do you do Parcelforce at the local post office?

I've some wheels I want to move on, but never sent any via the postie before.
You can but you don't even need to do that - they'll collect from you. Just do it all online.

In fact I noticed on Royal Mail website recently they charge extra if you aren't having the item collected and you intend to take it to the post office.

Ah right. Now I recall, for Parcelforce I’d have to drop off at the depot which is about 35 mins drive to Teesside. That’s why i’ve been discounting them from my choices.

However it’s still UPS and TNT delivering parcels that they say they don’t. Maybe a business only service.

Well that’s annoying, having just checked on Parcelforces website. Bah humbug.

They must have not done Collections last time I looked, so ive ignored them ever since.

Parcelforce collect from you

DPD are another option.

To be honest I’ve not come across any of the major carriers that wouldn’t take a wheel box. It’s simply a cost exercise.

Ive had more success with kiddies bike boxes and just cut them down to be an exact fit.

I normally put the wheels together one in front of other...hub to rim..if you get me. Use old pipe lagging first and cable tie together. Drag it put of every skip i see for must that purpose....😂

Under a tenner from parcel force.

I sent some wheels a couple of weeks ago with Parcelforce and they didn't charge me anything for collection.. total cost was £8.70

I do a price check through Parcels2Go but wheel size boxes through Parcelforce's own website is usually the cheapest option.

The big problem is the differene between what an individual pays and a company negotiated rate.
I retired at the end of November, my company allowed all employees to ship personal parcels at their negotiated contract price.
I shipped a bike with two extra wheels middle of November next day delivery to a private address for £8.00.
As long as the driver could get it on his van and weight did not exceed 33kg all was well.

Now finding out what it's like in the real world.

Latest posts

Back