What you doing this long Bank holiday weekend

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
It's a long weekend, people seem to get in the garage and clear it up, go out for that long awaited ride you never get around too or just pretend and hover over the sales section...
what retrobike things are you doing this long weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20230407_112707.jpg
    IMG_20230407_112707.jpg
    651.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20230407_112628.jpg
    IMG_20230407_112628.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 17
Bike wise, replace all the seals on my Marzocchi bombers.

Sharpen two chainsaws.
Empty two bottles of Tinto.
Hand feed the Squirrels that come into the garage, because they just won't wait until I'm finished!
Read two books.
Get slight sunburn whilst reading said 📚 🤕

I've not got a lot done, aired the garage out, looked at the bikes.

Think I'll extend my weekend to the whole week :)

I've not got a lot done, aired the garage out, looked at the bikes.

Think I'll extend my weekend to the whole week :)
Sounds like a plan! 👍

I've serviced one car, visited family, went to work, did some DIY, and indulged in bike time - shattered now, need another day off.

Friday/Saturday. Flirting with the dark side ;): riding modern, browsing modern, test riding modern, very nearly buying modern.

Sunday/Monday. Back to 1996: joyous blast on the '96 Stumpy and finally got the remains of a BB out of a '96 HardRock Ultra I picked up a year ago. Simple pleasures...

Worry about work! Also, as daughter is home, made three canvas stretchers and repurposed some pallet wood into various art related panels.

Keeping it going while the sun is out.
Opened one of the sheds and just looked and with a hay-fever style head, stared..
Looks like too much work for now, that's mainly deciding which to check over first.
IMG_20230411_132019.jpg

So left this open to air a bit, a bit of two year old mold growth on some grips to get rid of, not bad.

Grabbed the bike stand (aldi/Lidl finest) that's always been kept outside so a bit faded, it is ten or so years old now.
Big shaft didn't move up and down so a lump hammer and GT85 made it easy work to loosen.
Now clearing the innards up with some retro tools.
IMG_20230411_132828.jpg

Coffee now while the GT85 does it job before the last scrape and a grease up.

Going to rain later but got to start on one of the bikes.

Last edited:
Back