What was I riding?

The History Man":2tboll8l said:
I think I was just steadying it deftly. The jeans. I have no words. The car. I loved. Crap brakes, light rear end, dodgy su carbs, leaky roof, roulette ignition. But top down, warm sunny day or cool summer nights driving through central London. The best.

Ahead of the bell curve there. Nice mota :cool: Used to love the Hi-Tec squash shoes too as i played at Uni. No game makes you sweat like competitive squash :LOL: The worst was playing against someone as good as you so the rallies went on a fkin on and on etc :LOL:

I sold it in 96 to pay the fees on the next house. By then had twins so it was a Saab 900 Turbo in silver for me and a Volvo 760 Estate for the wife...... All very suburban. She still lives in the house. That's not to say there are regrets. My children grew up in it. Much more important.

Apparently an early MX5 gives the same buzz?..................

Re:

Saab Turbo....now thats a car. My old Physics teacher had one and used to give me lifts in it to athletics meets. A rocket in those days. Then there was a mates gorgeous mum who had one. You know how you want to stare closely at a beautiful older woman when you are young but you just cant in a cool way, plus it would creep your mate out :LOL:

Re: Re:

M-Power":2e0bur04 said:
Saab Turbo....now thats a car. My old Physics teacher had one and used to give me lifts in it to athletics meets. A rocket in those days. Then there was a mates gorgeous mum who had one. You know how you want to stare closely at a beautiful older woman when you are young but you just cant in a cool way, plus it would creep your mate out :LOL:
The Saab was huge and heavy for its time. Was a lovely thing to drive. Love to find one.

The History Man":g9m1ck1y said:
I think I was just steadying it deftly. The jeans. I have no words. The car. I loved. Crap brakes, light rear end, dodgy su carbs, leaky roof, roulette ignition. But top down, warm sunny day or cool summer nights driving through central London. The best.

My best Friend had two when we were kids, both chrome bumper but one was an AH Sprite, all I remember about them was they were a load of fun, you might as well have the roof down in all weathers because it was no drier with the roof up and neither of them handled very well at all, every roundabout was an adventure because if you entered at any speed you were never quite sure which exit you'd leave from and what way you'd be facing when you did. And I bet I could still set an SU carb by ear if tried even now.

Re: Re:

The History Man":rpoo7nkx said:
M-Power":rpoo7nkx said:
The Saab was huge and heavy for its time. Was a lovely thing to drive. Love to find one.

There's still quite a few about as they were so well built so keep looking because you can still pick up an original un molested one quite reasonably.

The History Man":1cieeda9 said:
And what was the Stanley Yankee used for? :shock:

Removing the skin from your palm, just between the index finger and thumb! Horrific things, I hope it's been safely disposed of since...

ajm":2hc40pj7 said:
The History Man":2hc40pj7 said:
And what was the Stanley Yankee used for? :shock:

Removing the skin from your palm, just between the index finger and thumb! Horrific things, I hope it's been safely disposed of since...
Just found it. Available for hire.......

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_456.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_456.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 166
Back