What's your favourite road tyre of all time?

Conti Gp 4000/5000 are great all rounders for quicker bikes , the Classics are better looking but the sizes are limited . Panaracer Paselas look good on older bikes and do most things ok{ish} . On 26" for a bit of zip Rubino Pro's . If you hate punctures and don't mind your bike feeling like a tractor Schwalbe Marathons .

Better than Schwalbe Marathons if you like a bit of gravel and as you say don't mind being a bit or a lot like a tractor I personally recommend Specialized Crossroads Armadillo. These tyres are practically impervious to sharp objects with bead to bead kevlar. Still remarkably supple though and not as heavy as you'd think but ultimately not really road tyres so ignore me, got a wee bit carried away there😏

Better than Schwalbe Marathons if you like a bit of gravel and as you say don't mind being a bit or a lot like a tractor I personally recommend Specialized Crossroads Armadillo. These tyres are practically impervious to sharp objects with bead to bead kevlar. Still remarkably supple though and not as heavy as you'd think but ultimately not really road tyres so ignore me, got a wee bit carried away there😏
I'm looking for a decent "do a bit of everything" tyre , so thanks !

I'm only familiar with clinchers. I like Vittoria Corsa G2.0, Michelin Pro Race 3's and 4's, Conti GP500 and Onza Preda.

Worst i rode were Schwalbe Lugano steel bead - Slow and puncture-prone.

I'm only familiar with clinchers. I like Vittoria Corsa G2.0, Michelin Pro Race 3's and 4's, Conti GP500 and Onza Preda.

Worst i rode were Schwalbe Lugano steel bead - Slow and puncture-prone.
Some years ago I had a few pairs of Onza Preda 28c tires. They were nice and wore well and pretty light from what I remember. Decent grip on wet roads.

Conti Gp 4000/5000 are great all rounders for quicker bikes , the Classics are better looking but the sizes are limited . Panaracer Paselas look good on older bikes and do most things ok{ish} . On 26" for a bit of zip Rubino Pro's . If you hate punctures and don't mind your bike feeling like a tractor Schwalbe Marathons .
Everything he said! ^^^

My personal favourites for clincher amber walls- current Michelin Power Cup 25mm are super fast and comfortable, Veloflex Corsa EVO 25mm, and white wall/tread- Michelin Power Endurance and Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp. Veloflex/Clement for tubulars.

Back