What tyre for road use / very light off road?

Specialized Crossroads perhaps? 26x1.95, they come in black and maroon wall versions.

spec_crossroads_arma_08_m.jpg

I've used them on my Sbike for a while and they rolled perfectly on the road. Plenty of grip for XC too.

I paid around £15 per tyre for mine, but it seems they're getting hard to find.
Only one seller on ebay atm. If you want some spare inner tubes, I reckon this is a reasonable deal.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Specialized-C ... 19c9d587aa

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cant believe no one has mentioned Schwalbe Marathons...

Either Marathon Mondial or Plus will be ok I think, or even normal Marathons.

Planet X are very cheap for them at the mo.

Maybe a bit controversial, but... Maxxis Aspen 2.1.
1279722149046-14c2u0yua97zi-399-75.jpg

Light, very good and quiet (and fast") on tarmac, but these are fantastic even on serious off road tracks (great rock climbers) - not like more "tarmac only" tyres.
I've been using them everyday for the last 5 months (about 30 miles per day) and they still seem strong.

another vote for the land cruisers. the look horrible but roll fantastically, even seem fast on wet grass

xerxes":3eg2jaai said:
Schwalbe Hurricane: http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/mtb/hurricane/

Roll pretty much as well as slicks on road, fine for gentle off road in dry-ish conditions and tow paths, they still look like propper MTB tyres and they seem to be reasonably puncture resistant too.

UK17.jpg

Another vote for schwalbe hurricanes, I did the c2c on them in 2 days and they roll like road tyres, but the grips provide traction in occasional mud.

Plus they don't look silly on an MTB like most other the other options, it still looks liek a mountain bike.

I got some lightweight version with reflective strip on the sidewall.

Back