1995 Dyna-Tech 755 Ti — Almost Immaculate!

It has. I might even get out on it this weekend. Yes, it’s Ti main tubes bonded into lugs — pretty sure they’re aluminium though (thick walls anyway). The rear triangle is steel, FWIW. Hoping the noodly Ti tubes and steel rear offsets the bone shaking ride from 100psi 23c tyres!
I’m sure it will ride fine on 23’s, keep away from the potholes and you’ll be fine!! Like a I’d say the frame will make up for the lack of rubber, 15 years ago it would have been fine!!

Took the Dyna-Tech out for a 50k(ish) ride today around a nice not too hilly route I take fairly regularly. 23c tyres pumped up to 100/110psi F/R, and good to go.

actually, it was all pretty smooth. Despite the roads being mostly quiet backroads with fairly ‘heavy’ tarmac and a few potholes (all carefully avoided) it was nice and comfortable. Those noodly titanium main tubes and steel rear doing the job.

The gears worked pretty flawlessly. The throw on the inner lever is noticeably longer than modern STIs, and I was constantly faffing with the trim on the front (might need a bit of fettling there). The big old gears were very different to my modern 11sp Ultegra. Can’t quite get used to the slow cadence big gear pedalling compared to the high cadence and easy uphill gears I’m used to on my modern Supersix EVO.

Less of a fan of the old shape ITM bars and position of the hoods. Much closer to old pre-STI levers than modern kit. Really felt like I was leaning over the front of the bike.

Anyway, despite being a fairly gusty day, I wasn’t much slower than I am on my modern aero Cannondale. Pretty impressed with the old bike!

Attachments

• IMG_5058.jpeg
    IMG_5058.jpeg
    875.2 KB · Views: 14
Back