What's your 26" road tyre choice?

Thanks for all the suggestions, it's been suggested to me that I may not have given my Continentals a fair trial if I haven't pumped them to high pressures - so that will be my first option.

Beyond that I am still undecided, I was hoping someone might recommend a 2.0 or 2.1 tyre, to keep the MTB looks, other than the kojac.

Schwalbe Marathon Greenguard. I run the 1.5 on my tourer. They have an amazingly low rolling resistance score, more so when you consider how tough and cheap they are.
I've even ridden with them on rough Dartmoor routes.

+1 for the Worm Drives if you can still get them, I've even toured on them. Kenda Komuters are great for canal paths and are light and fast too.
Currently running Big Apples for a mix of rail trail and road, not feeling the need to look elswhere.

Run whatever you have. I ride for exercise & appreciate a good workout. So I'll run knobbies and wear them down to slicks eventually. Plus they sound cool! Have these old Nokian's just about broken in :)

Attachments

• 20220613_124437.jpg
    20220613_124437.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 7
I have city jet on my daily and they seem to work well, nice and skinny and firm. Impossible to get on or off your rims!

Just reread my reply....I called em city slickers....doh....city jets!
I have city jet on my daily and they seem to work well, nice and skinny and firm. Impossible to get on or off your rims!
Really? What rims are yours on? I've never had troubles with any of mine....always just fingers to get them off!

I think they’re mavics, fairly sure from memory the only reason they stayed on the bike was because I couldn’t get them off! I like them now, but I’ve never had road tyres on an MTB before!
But it was a while ago so….

Mavic m231? I had bother with some of those and Vittoria punc proof all singing road type blah blah tyres.....ended up cutting them off! Awful tyre dull heavy and still got punctures 🙄

Back