What kind of riding do you enjoy??

Iwasgoodonce":28pb39gt said:
This month, I have mostly been riding on the road. I used to enjoy it most whenever the trail/road tilted up. Until I met ededwards I was the only person I knew who rode up hills and then pushed the bike back down.

I prefer going up to going down ;)

But, off road I like anything as long as its not too technical :LOL:

legrandefromage":1qpd8qij said:
country back roads, bridal paths, aint no singletrack 'round 'ere

the Camel trail in Cornwall is a good example:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en ... a=N&tab=wi

Fast, long with a brilliant pub/ beer/ ice cream stop at the end.

Be warned! Its fast towards Padstow becuase there is a slight incline. This gets you on the way back as the beer/ food takes its toll...

We've done this trail earlier in the year as the other half likes this sort of thing. Great views along the estuary and good pie shops at the other end - we always choose the one with the longest queue!

Twisty single track but not too technical under wheel.

I loved that bit of the Cannock follow the dog route that passes through tighly spaced youngish trees barely wider than the bars with tight turns at quick intervals.

Other good bits are 'The Pie Run' on Glentress's red route and 'Electric Blue' on its blue run.

I could do that sort of thing all day except of course that I cant because my bar ends will eventually snag a tree and swing me into the undergrowth :roll: :LOL:

Enjoy trails (jumping) the most although visiting new spots and trying to get through lines is VERY scary at times.

MTB wise enjoy pretty much anything but not as keen on mud plugging as I used to be...don't like cleaning up the aftermath!

I like a mixture of everything, all weathers is fine too apart from raining, I hate riding in the rain no matter what.

guybe":3p1kijqt said:
I hate riding in the rain no matter what.

I don't mind if it starts to rain part way through a ride, but I can't stand going out when it's already raining.

[/quote]

I don't mind if it starts to rain part way through a ride, but I can't stand going out when it's already raining.[/quote]

I am so with you that one! its just depressing to start a ride in rain but for it to rain mid way... well you just get on with it

as for fave places to ride? my local forest early morning or late evening after all the walkers and horses have gone home, nice bit of fire road and plenty of single track off the main walks, or just anywhere with good company and someone to laugh with/at :LOL:

Back