What have I rescued? Motobecane Team Champion

ok so took her out for a 30 mile ride today. thoughts;

Lovely lovely lovely, very comfortable, fit is perfect and she glides at speed. So smooth, and it coasts for ever.
Sprint gears have got to go. There was a fair amount of wind out and I barely got into third gear. Oddly, the chainline doesn't like bottom gear, might need to loose a link but its a niggle ill have to correct.
I'm not yet sold on the dt shifters. I like the trim on the fd but so often i wanted to shift from the hoods. toward the end though I learned to pre-empt needed changes that little bit earlier so its probably just a case of practice.
I changed the bar position and brake lever orientation slightly, riding in the hoods as it was felt precarious, and the drops just weren't flat.

all in all though, and this is what it boils down to, I had a great deal of fun. wether this be a novelty thing remains to be seen, but I get a great sense of quality from the ride, despite the wind it was responsive and 'just fit'.

Judging by the enthusiasm that comes through in that write up I doubt its a novelty thing.
It sounds like a great ride out on a great machine.
Sometimes its the ones that just 'click' regardless of the niggles that are the ones to always give you a great ride out, regardless of surroundings or weather etc.
Enjoy it as often as you can.

Jamie

Re:

Ok, I have her done up as a runner for the time being, so i can take her out into the essex countryside and actually get up hills. So for the time being, she has borrowed wheels and a rd from the summer tourer, to go back once i have money for a period rd and a 7 speed freewheel. Anyway, for your pleasure;

eI8xreq.jpg

and for a full resolution pic click-http://i.imgur.com/IjHuitX.jpg

Back