What does NOS mean to you?

New Old Stock

Excellent Condition

Good Condition

I've a smug way of circumventing all that subjectivity when I sell gear and it works. I say ride it like you stole it for a fortnight and if you don't like it for no reason at all then send it back for a refund. No quibbling about what's what just send it back. You'd be be amazed I've not yet ( after all these years here and on Ebay ) I've not yet had a return.

yea i think you have a right to be pissed...... i agree with everyone else about the definition

N ... it should be new
O.... it should be old
S .... errrrr :LOL: it should be stock !! :)
but i wouldnt expect packaging unless pictured or described in the original advert.
the item should NOT have been used or even fitted. but a few storage marks are exceptable.

by the way please leave feedback on this person stating exactly why you are pissed...... its what the feedback threads are for.
name and shame my friend, that way they wont be able to get away with it again. :)
cheers

I bought a seat post advertised here a while ago, it was sold as NOS but when it arrived it had the wrong seat clamp and had most definitely been used.

I sent it back and demanded a refund, including postage. It should be as simple as that. The seller was accommodating, but claimed he didn't know it had been used, but in my mind if a seller is not sure then they should not sell it as NOS.

NOS is exactly that. packaging is a bonus (nip/b). However, that doesnt necesarilly mean its perfect - but if it isn't, the seller should outline the problem areas that make it different from when it was new, e.g. 'Shop wear' and photo it clearly.

Back