Can we just agree on what NOS means please!

All NOS stands for on eBay is 'overpriced and using buzz words I don't understand to try and justify.'

Honestly, it's an instant turn off.

It's probably as meaningless as writing 'never raced or rallied' or '1 lady owner' when selling your car.

I love that this thread exists. In a prior interest of mine, people on a forum overused the word 'mint' when describing parts, but were typically with the caveat of various flaws, but otherwise mint.... So not 'mint' then!

I love that this thread exists. In a prior interest of mine, people on a forum overused the word 'mint' when describing parts, but were typically with the caveat of various flaws, but otherwise mint.... So not 'mint' then!
'Mint" is that spearmint, peppermint, etc 🤣

Maybe NOS should mean Normally Obsolete Shite 😄

Okay, so I recently bought a claimed NOS Suntour XC Pro front hub... it was clear that it has never been built, no marks around the spoke holes. However it has lots of faint scratches on the body of the hub, grease guard decal is at best twisted slightly.

Is it NOS if it's not been used, just carelessly stored?

Just want to add that I'm more than happy with it, condition wise it's absolutely spot on, just asking like.

Okay, so I recently bought a claimed NOS Suntour XC Pro front hub... it was clear that it has never been built, no marks around the spoke holes. However it has lots of faint scratches on the body of the hub, grease guard decal is at best twisted slightly.

Just want to add that I'm more than happy with it, condition wise it's absolutely spot on, just asking like.
Well things like that happen, I pulled out something NOS from a box of things and it was in worse condition than I remembered. Also after lacing and tensioning a wheel it usually leaves noticeable marks(in my case)

Yes, it can still be nos. Nos doesn't describe the condition. If I was selling something as nos I would always provide a description of condition alongside the nos statement

Latest posts

Back