Can we just agree on what NOS means please!

How does this work with the bike Im building ?. Each and every part is brand new, but I was thinking of selling it, without even riding it to bed in the brakes or fettle the gears. So it is new, nos or used.

How does this work with the bike Im building ?. Each and every part is brand new, but I was thinking of selling it, without even riding it to bed in the brakes or fettle the gears. So it is new, nos or used.
Brand new as in modern, or brand new as in never used vintage parts?

Brand new as in modern, or brand new as in never used vintage parts?
Modern 2020, as in carbon, fox factory, pro5 and all that stuff.

Got a sale frame and built it up using new best bits also scavenged from sales across the web. Don't know whether to keep or try to sell.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
N.O.S. = New Old Stock ( = vintage bike stuff from pre 1996 in NEW, unsused condition).

Normally that means that the parts haven't been used at all, but since you can mount a bottle holder on a bike
& the bottle holder might still look brand new, N.O.S. might also apply to mounted vintage bike parts, which still look BRAND NEW after being mounted.

Important is the distinction between being mounted on a bike or being used = being mounted & driven - the latter is clearly NOT N.O.S.

N.I.B. = New In Box (= vintage bike stuff from pre 1996 in NEW, unused condition in its original packaging from when it was sold.)

NOS on a lighter note:
For those who have a wider horizon:
.... what it means....
since so many things in this crazy world seem to be backwards (literally & fig.)
NOS could also mean SON! 🤣

Quote from a recent post absolutely mint except for a few marks where saddle has been leaned against a wall/?
On E Bay

Back