Watch this. W*nkers

pedestrians can easily be killed by bikes

:shock: Yeah right...NOT

Fair enough ,they were breaking the law,but sod sitting in traffic or taking a hour to move one mile
How quick would London move if they banned cars completely.

I was reading an article on the dutch approach-removing all the traffic signs completely so road users are forced to slow down and really take note of the other road users
Cant remember where i saw it :? Might have been on STW

thought that looked quite fun, but i do have to agree with you lot, they were being fairly reckless and resorting to stupidity, but i RLJ - i dont see the point of waiting at traffic lights when there red and no one is going, surely its safer to get away quickly rather than have to have a quickly accelarating (spelt wrong) lump of steel behind you! oh well thats just my opinion!

dyna-ti":7jqmj827 said:
pedestrians can easily be killed by bikes

:shock: Yeah right...NOT

Yeah right:

http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-223798

There have been two cases in the UK were cyclists have been sentenced following the death of pedestrians. Cyclists have to follow the same rules as car drivers. This does not mean sitting in traffic jams, but does mean staying on the roads and not pavements and actually stopping at red lights.

The sooner cyclists are prosecuted for traffic offences the better IMO.

But two out of how many :?
Tens of millions

And the link says the pedestrian stepped out into the ROAD and was hit,cyclists racing as part of a large regular group in a race that was held every weekend
Bit like the tour
Bit like the peloton

Sorry cant see the point of that argument.
old man steps into a road without looking and is hit by a fast moving vehicle
Like a car or a bus or a cyclist,if its the cyclist then its his fault but anything else is the pedestrians.

But this has nothing really to do with the vid shown

Rocker9455":h9qmr1h4 said:
thought that looked quite fun, but i do have to agree with you lot, they were being fairly reckless and resorting to stupidity, but i RLJ - i dont see the point of waiting at traffic lights when there red and no one is going, surely its safer to get away quickly rather than have to have a quickly accelarating (spelt wrong) lump of steel behind you! oh well thats just my opinion!

:?: :?: :?:

The sooner cyclists are prosecuted for traffic offences the better IMO.

Why obey strict rules when cyclists are not treated as legitimized road users.

Cycle paths alongside roads for instance.These arent allowed to be painted on roads where they will interfere with the flow of traffic,equal road users eh?? Keep dreaming

Lets now look at bus lanes ;) ,they have a provision for cyclists.As we can clearly see there is about 1/2 metre spare.
You cannot undertake or there will be a lot of people getting off these buses and that would be dangerous,so you must overtake ,if this means keeping a safe distance from the buses and crossing the central line then thats thats the way it has to be.
Sure you could stay within your allotted 1/2 metre but then you risk pepole Suddenly appearing between the traffic or a taxi suddenly sticking his nose out and then you will be in trouble :shock:

dyna-ti":pjmll4sc said:
But two out of how many :?
Tens of millions

Two pedestrian killed by cyclists is two too many.

And the link says the pedestrian stepped out into the ROAD and was hit...

On a pedestrian crossing, when the lights were telling him it was safe to cross. The cyclists were running a red light.

Bit like the tour

It is my understanding the ride mentioned in that link was not an organised race like the tour. If it was an organised race then surely the pedestrian crossing would of been manned by marshals?

Bikes ridden inappropriately can kill other people, not as easily as cars can, but they can and do.

The riders in that video are riding in a dangerous manner, and their actions reflect on all cyclists, whether we like it or not.

Fair enough i see your point

I feel terrible for that guys family :cry:
Lets drop this,the argument could go statistic wise but theres no point

A bit of paint and some flashing lights and its ok to step out into the path of a moving object , an object that could be absolutely anything from another guy running , to a tank , yep thats the right thing to do .

How about the guy dismounts cyclocross style , flings the bike over his shoulder and briskly jogs the section of path , does that make it any more right ? legal !

Back