Vintage bike identification for refurbishment project

Looks similar to this...

P8160545_zps4f7db6c5.jpg

Do you still have this?... I've got frame j1982 mine is currently being restored but has the same lugs chrome & paint traces...I know mine to be a Sun wasp maillot jaune estimated early 60's

Daddybus":1abhbu1k said:
Do you still have this?... I've got frame j1982 mine is currently being restored but has the same lugs chrome & paint traces...I know mine to be a Sun wasp maillot jaune estimated early 60's

HI YES...

I regularly ride this bike, one of two Carlton built Suns that I own.

Since this pic, Ive installed the correct seat post/clamp as was as a period correct GB stem...

P8160533_zps3b0e0ff0.jpg

Its a beautiful bike Mike J .. but I was hoping to reply to the op Alftupper about the red bike at the start of the post ..sorry for the confusion :)

Re:

Hi mate, yes I do still have this, the frame is currently wrapped up in my loft!

I plan on getting it painted at some point this year and applying some decals myself so it's interesting to hear that I should be looking for Sun decals and not Carlton.

I will probably build it as a single speed and use it on my static trainer.

I was thinking I had the only one left! I have some pics to upload later if you're interested? From my research it's a sun badged version of the Carlton flyer built at the time of the takeover. I'm going for a full resto on mine so before you strip it if you have any more pictures of the existing paint chips & or decals (especially around the front of the top tube /head tube/ down tube area) would be most helpful :) cheers -Mike

Back