Peugeot Premiere

Hellobro

Retro Newbie
Hi all

I’m New to the forum but a long time follower! I’ve recently purchased a Peugeot premiere and after looking through the Internet I was just wondering if anyone had any information regarding the bike? Im currently recovering from an operation and thought this bike would be a good way for me to get some fresh air whilst also keeping active. I’m also curious to find out how I go about finding the frame size of the bike. There were these numbers stamped on the bottom of the frame Y704 43830 if that helps. Thank you and I appreciate any information.

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpeg
    IMG_1069.jpeg
    702.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1068.jpeg
    IMG_1068.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1067.jpeg
    IMG_1067.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 15
Welcome. 10 speed Pugs are a cheap ideal way to get going. Some oil, possibly fresh tyres, and it's good to roll.

On the sticky label, PE10N is the model name, and 54 is the frame size in cm (about 21 1/4" in old money). The stamped serial number is more complicated to decipher, needs a French Enigma machine and a time travel vessel. Perhaps look here since your's looks about a late 80s child:

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/tracking-down-the-exact-age-of-my-peugeot.216138/

Yeah I’m definitely looking to change the tyres/tubes but I will have a closer look at everything else tomorrow. But as a whole the bike is very clean for its age and I’m looking forward to my project! Appreciate the link that’s my evening sorted! Also from looking online there’s different opinions on regarding frame size, im 5ft11 and some websites say a 56cm frame would suit me and others say 54cm? The bike feels ok to sit on but I’m just curious as to another opinion if this would be ok?

Probably may be on the short size, but in general forward reach is the thing to size for. Seat-posts were quite short back then, so take care not to go over the limit. About 60mm or so in the frame is OK for a road bike like this.

il get some new tyres on and see how it feels when I take it out but I guess if it’s a tad small it’s not the end of the world. If I’m honest I’m actually excited to get the bike back on the road I feel like it deserves it after all these years! Looking forward to giving it a clean tomorrow and uploading some more photos!

Back