Upsidedown thumb shifters?

No but really, what is that and where can I get one?
It's a Mickeyspinn thumb shifter 👍 made by me for my klunker funker build! It's kinda a working prototype as I'm hoping to get into making interesting bits!
Check out my build thread..there's a few laughs to be had...

It's a Mickeyspinn thumb shifter 👍 made by me for my klunker funker build! It's kinda a working prototype as I'm hoping to get into making interesting bits!
Check out my build thread..there's a few laughs to be had...
Oh I've seen the build, love it, but hadn't caught up to the shifter. That's a beautiful thing. I would say you should make more and sell them, but I don't think I could afford one, lovely anyway.

Mavic underbar shifters were designed for this. In use they're a bit like Shimano Rapid Fire Plus, but without all the complex ratcheting mechanism. They are a Y shape so that one or other of the levers would always be within easy reach of your thumb or first finger. I've never owned a pair, but a very long time ago I had a test ride on a bike that had them fitted.

AF0C728D-AC7D-4A31-881F-82DCCD2C4268.jpeg

If I recall correctly they were getting difficult to find years ago, so they're probably like rocking horse manure now.

Mavic underbar shifters were designed for this. In use they're a bit like Shimano Rapid Fire Plus, but without all the complex ratcheting mechanism. They are a Y shape so that one or other of the levers would always be within easy reach of your thumb or first finger. I've never owned a pair, but a very long time ago I had a test ride on a bike that had them fitted.

AF0C728D-AC7D-4A31-881F-82DCCD2C4268.jpeg

If I recall correctly they were getting difficult to find years ago, so they're probably like rocking horse manure now.
I always wondered if Mavic made shifters for their MTB kit. Added to my memory bank of odd parts just in case!

I always wondered if Mavic made shifters for their MTB kit. Added to my memory bank of odd parts just in case!
I think the bike I test rode with Mavic underbar shifters had Shimano dérailleurs, but it's been several decades, so perhaps I'm mistaken about the compatibility with Shimano.

Try somebody like dragonfly parts or any bsa / triumph spares company. Those choke / retard levers are pretty common.

Back