Wanted Any old tatty bar mounted 6 speed shifters.

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Wanted for my 1988 Specialized Rockhopper work bike.

Any old tatty bar mounted 6 speed shifters. I'm not wanting to spend too much as it's my work bike so no offers of £50 XT units please hehe.

I'm fitting an electric front wheel kit and need to remove the original and integrated Exage brake / shifter unit's. So I'm trying to find a pair or shifters, thumb ideally.

I'm happy to do swaps as I have box's of bit's and bob's in the loft.

Thanks in advance.

Trebz.

Got a few set of these going spare. All are indexed. One set is Suntour but assume these might not work with your Shimano kit as they're marked accushift and assume freewheels they'd work with would also need to be Accushift. But also have Shimano thumbies but these are a bit nicer, although of course they won't be as much budget priced as the Suntours.

Got a few set of these going spare. All are indexed. One set is Suntour but assume these might not work with your Shimano kit as they're marked accushift and assume freewheels they'd work with would also need to be Accushift. But also have Shimano thumbies but these are a bit nicer, although of course they won't be as much budget priced as the Suntours.

Hi buddy, can you post a few pictures of the Shimano units please, along with a price. Thanks :)

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, just had to have a dig around to check which of the shifters above could actually be found. The answer wasn't as many as I thought I could quickly find.
Anyway, here's some pics of what I have:

I actually have three sets, although only found the l/h one of the third set. I definitely have the missing one somewhere, which is why I bothered to photograph the one by itself. This shifter set is an indexed Shimano one with the l/h one having indexing which is a bit unusual when many of these shifters have only friction for the l/h side. The set also has gear number indicators, see the arrow in the centre of the dial. The second set (see the two in the centre of first pic) is also Shimano indexed, although the l/h one is retrofriction, so better than standard friction as this design grips the cable better. The top set (in first pic) is a friction set by Shimano and works well enough. This will be the cheapest set and the others will be a bit more depending on the extra features. And also effecting price will be the fact that the first two sets are slightly mismatched (not the same models but look similar). I'm a bit too busy to work out prices now but will obvs do it if you're interested in anything.

Back