Two years ago today....

Alison":kq7wu1hf said:
Can I pull rank :D I've been here nearly 7 years. Mmmm yet still probably the least knowledgeable how's that happened?

LikeClockwork":kq7wu1hf said:
How much more of my sentence do I have to complete before being let off for good behaviour....?? :?

Maybe you can ask John for a parole hearing :D

Alison

lol, well done!! :LOL:

In all seriousness though, when I realised it was two years this morning, it was quite poignant, as at the time I joined it was a very bad time for me. Now, things have never been better, well most of the time! And I've made loads of new friends and have my dream bike, thanks to the generosity of this site....

LikeClockwork":v3rpg3ac said:
lol, well done!! :LOL:

In all seriousness though, when I realised it was two years this morning, it was quite poignant, as at the time I joined it was a very bad time for me. Now, things have never been better, well most of the time! And I've made loads of new friends and have my dream bike, thanks to the generosity of this site....

I stopped coming on here when things fell apart for me some years ago, but I really appreciated the concerned emails about my lack of posts during that time, even though I didn't feel I could respond, this site is really and truly a cathartic place to be, and the people on it just plan awesome :)

Alison

Re:

been here about four yrs;still unfit when out on any rides
last to top of hills last one down them :facepalm:
even started to polish my bikes now instead of chucking a bucket of water over them :D

Alison wrote:
[quoteCan I pull rank I've been here nearly 7 years. Mmmm yet still probably the least knowledgeable how's that happened?

][/quote]

Typical woman lying about her age, you've been here nearly 8 years Alison :roll:

Wow, starting to feel like a dinosaur on here, best forum I've ever used. :D

I arrived here cus I'd bought a clockwork frame, it was matt black with many chips in the paint and worn and the Orange Clockwork decals were imperfect, looked like they'd been there 10+ years but had the Muddy Fox foot in relief (s) at the top of the seat tube and wsnted identification, why the fakery?

Not a funny story :oops:

Alison

Re:

I had an LBS bitd which was run by an idiot. Only ever sold Hawk bikes. He had kittens when I went in with my DBR Axis offering me more than I'd paid for it (police auction). I wasn't going to let it go. Did sell him an Emmelle which I'd found, stripped and painted in the orange/white of a Clockwork. Was sorting it for my brother but said LBS gave me £120 for it. Went and put it towards some Mag21's. He didn't stay in business long. Mate sold him an STX headset with z-max's XTR letrasetted on. But he got closed for handling stolen goods.

Back