Etiquette or lack of it. (That means manners!)

regards manners, some people are busy, some people get the item and can't be bothered to say thanks or message you to say it arrived, if you want to be sure send a message and ask.

curious @legrandefromage regards sending poo in post then mentioning 200GS, we used to refer to 200GS as guarantied sh*t. is that why you said poo then 200GS? just wondering if that was more than just me and a few mates that said it!

To be honest?! I rarely say that it has arrived or say thank you (after receiving it). Why would I? ...a matter of "manners". Oh give me a break!

Neither do I expect people to do so when they bought from me. And I sell over 600 items per year. Why would they? They (we) say "thank you" and "great" and "awesome" and "really looking forward to it" after the negotiation and payment is completed and thats it! And that is enough! Done deal. End of story ...

Now, in case I ask myself if the item has arrived at all, I check the shipping status myself. And in case something went wrong, the buyer will contact me by himself!

I think it all depends on how much you buy and sell. Sorry but there is a point, where you simply cant bother anymore with everyone thanking you or you thanking them. Maybe if you buy 5 seat posts a year and 3 frames. But with 500 or 600+ transactions? Hell no ...and that goes both ways as I mentioned. I dont and I do not expect people to do so after an item has been sent and tracking info has been forwarded.

A matter of manners or etiquette? Oh please ...

Manners cost nothing, and I like them! Always (as far as I know/ remember:D) DM to confirm arrival and leave feedback if user has a feedback thread. Having said that, I'm not buying/selling 600x/yr! Things might be different if that was the case (although I would hope not!)

^^^^^I have rather nice RR FOR SALE ^^^^ I will include manners FOC PRETTY PLEASE you know you want it.

'hi, I'm interested in this part you have for sale'

OK, my PayPal is xxxx....

Hello??

Anyone??

That seems to happen a lot just lately
Yep....its getting more like facebook marketplace all the time!

Ive pm'ed a few newbies looking for parts and offered them up as karma from their wanted advert......nothing...no reply..... no cheers, but.....nothing.

Back