Etiquette or lack of it. (That means manners!)

Sir Neil d'Menture

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you sell something on here why do few people ever bother to let you know the item has been received, let alone say thank you?
I've just sold some forks. Parcel tracking says they were delivered on Tuesday. Buyer has been on here regularly since but not a word. Am I to assume she has these?
I sent regular updates on progress but never even an acknowledgement. Relying on parcel tracker is a bit of a folly.
Apart from buying two items buyer hasn't made a single post yet comes on regularly, for what?
Maybe I'm old school but when did saying thank you become unacceptable behaviour?
I've a good mind to block her so she can't come back in a couple of weeks and start complaining.

I think I've always had a message from people to say items have arrived and I hope I have always remembered for parts I have bought. I do usually specifically ask people to let me know the components have arrived and that they are happy with them. However, if parts arrive during the week I might not have time to take a proper look at them until the weekend, so if other people take a week or so to check parts before they let me know they are ahppy with them that's not a problem for me.

I always thank people for sending a poo in the post

An unexpected delight when someone has taken the time and effort to carefully curl one out into a jiffy bag instead of the expected oily 200GS rear derailleur or cracked manitou

I reckon I get an delivery acknowledgement from buyers about 40% of the time.

I try to let everyone who has sent me something know it's been delivered.

Almost never give or leave feedback unless prompted.

It's pretty hit and miss. I do try to confirm receipt when buying. I rarely get a confirmation when selling.

Not hard to drop a quick PM "thanks for the shiny bits that arrived and were well packaged*"

I've given up asking for feedback, again it seems like people just can't be 4rsed.

*unless LGF, and in which case the shiny bits would be squidgier and well rounded.

Back