Etiquette or lack of it. (That means manners!)

Yep....its getting more like facebook marketplace all the time!

Ive pm'ed a few newbies looking for parts and offered them up as karma from their wanted advert......nothing...no reply..... no cheers, but.....nothing.
Very strangešŸ¤” I wonder whether they were told 'If it looks to good to be true, then...'? (Or maybe they've been warned of Tootyred's bearing gifts?!):D

I think we may forget that this is quite a polite and friendly forum. I was going to sign up to another site...but got fed up within the first few pages of the immediate trolling and disrespect the users leveled at each other.

If your a newbie on this site...maybe that's what you expect....and act accordingly?

I looked at a couple of forums too. LFGSS was not nice and there are others :(
Agreed. Lots of wanna-be hipsters trying to out-cool each other on LFGSS.

Have sold a few things on there as I live in West London and it's a complete mixed bag of people/manners I have to deal with.

Have also met a few people face-to-face on there and their persona in real life is SO different to what they say on the forum. I guess this is the internet/forums the world over...

Keep thinking about joining Facebook as I know there's lots for sale on there, but not sure I can bring myself to doing it! ;)

I looked at a couple of forums too. LFGSS was not nice and there are others :(
I was on LFGSS, I got fed up of it. for one, I'm not in London (clues in the name) for 2 there was a small clique and a whole bunch of trolls. I was on there because there was nothing else out there for Single speed really at the time (and I was in London a fair amount at the time too).

you got a lot of wannabe couriers on their who liked to enter in to pissing contests.

I was on LFGSS, I got fed up of it. for one, I'm not in London (clues in the name) for 2 there was a small clique and a whole bunch of trolls. I was on there because there was nothing else out there for Single speed really at the time (and I was in London a fair amount at the time too).

you got a lot of wannabe couriers on their who liked to enter in to pissing contests.
šŸ‘†Exactly this! šŸ¤£

I ignore most of the threads and have thick skin. I've helped people out and then found my comments taken out of context and cut & pasted into a thread called "shit fixie skidders say..." Need I say anymore! šŸ¤£

Back