Tushingham B52 - eBay regret / sale dilemma??

xxnick1975":1pyubz59 said:
For I were you I would deffo find away to bring that back. Clean it and ride it over summer and if it doesn't work out you will easily sell it on here if it's fettled and you offer postage.

Really cool bike and looks to be in very good condition and very original

Totally agree.

But these were models available from around 1988 - ish and Saracen as a brand name had been up and running since 1984. Tushingham wasnt until 86-87 with Orange itself not until late 1988 when the ATB scene was maturing into the cnc/ anodised mayhem of the 1990's.

And to pick something like that up, with the back story and the charisma it has for £25 notes just goes to show that there life in this hobby yet, despite the likes of grannysear and pooscloset etc etc

legrandefromage":2tys4kyw said:
But these were models available from around 1988 - ish and Saracen as a brand name had been up and running since 1984. Tushingham wasnt until 86-87 with Orange itself not until late 1988 when the ATB scene was maturing into the cnc/ anodised mayhem of the 1990's.

The Models you have showed dated after the Tushingham. Compare year for year and yes you will find a Saracen and an Overburys range, you tried to make the point it was an outdated design, Compare and contrast the correct year (and really the same retail price point) and you will see what I mean.

Bearing in mind Frame design moved very fast back then!

Re:

Carl where did the chain stay mounted U brake variant fit into the evolution of the 52? Was that still MF or early Orange?

I have a potential lead on one so just interested.

Re: Re:

Antstark":2vu68hde said:
Carl where did the chain stay mounted U brake variant fit into the evolution of the 52? Was that still MF or early Orange?

like most brands, it was chainstay mounted first, and Tushingham was the same.

From memory now.. Roger Tushingham said the first of the tushingham range started life as a Pathfinder.

Sorry meant to say seatstay mounted :facepalm:

I remember the sshokwave guys in Nottingham had a couple early 88. They made booms for Tushingham windsurfers before opening a bike shop.

sinnerman":2656m8co said:
Antstark":2656m8co said:

From memory now.. Roger Tushingham said the first of the tushingham range started life as a Pathfinder.

Antstark":1p65r9bc said:
Sorry meant to say seatstay mounted :facepalm:

I remember the sshokwave guys in Nottingham had a couple early 88. They made booms for Tushingham windsurfers before opening a bike shop.

sinnerman":1p65r9bc said:
Antstark":1p65r9bc said:

Im intrigued with your question, and reason for asking it. Tell me more of this bike you may have the edge on....?

There is such a bike/bikes branded Orange, fitted with shimano and suntour, but stock with Suntour Rollercams both front and rear, and in the Original Orange and white, But it was made Here in the Uk.

Re:

This one is stock 88 exage, lugged frame, but with a seat stay mounted u brake. It is exactly the same as the ones I test rode at sshokwave bitd. It looked odd back then when everyone maybe bar overbury were under chain stay.

The seller of the one I have a lead on is the original owner and not overly keen to sell at the moment. :?

Antstark":3v7og57h said:
This one is stock 88 exage, lugged frame, but with a seat stay mounted u brake. It is exactly the same as the ones I test rode at sshokwave bitd.

The seller of the one I have a lead on is the original owner and not overly keen to sell at the moment. :?

Its the same frame as the one Muddy foxed specd with Shimano, that was red.

Cool bikes I feel. Be really nice if hes looked after it too.

Latest posts

Back