Tushingham B52 - eBay regret / sale dilemma??

I cant get excited over a frame built in a factory overseas that was also available as other brands.

If it had been a very early Orange maybe but not sure what the fuss is about - unless someone can enlighten me.

You wouldn't have got to Orange without Tushingham. Fact.

Early Tushinghams, were Muddy Foxes, Early Oranges were also Muddy Foxes. Fact.

Unless, the Tushingham or Orange Clockwork/formula was built By TWG. Fact.

legrandefromage":3axl6g0m said:
But that doesnt tell anyone why a rebadged Muddy Fox is important?

Its a little like our Date nite Mark, and the Infamous MBK.

No less important, unless you follow the History of the longest Independent Mountain bike manufacturer the UK still has.

And there were but only a handful on the great scheme of things and despite it being the Lower of the Two bikes offered, to my mind it has its place in any Collection.

But what do I know, you the man in our relationship, you lead gorgeous. (still LOVE you by the way). :cool:

legrandefromage":1daghvp6 said:
I cant get excited over a frame built in a factory overseas that was also available as other brands.

If it had been a very early Orange maybe but not sure what the fuss is about - unless someone can enlighten me.

This is a frame made overseas and available to other brands, you spent some time and Love on it surely....?

As said above early Oranges/Muddy foxes.

Attachments

• Orange-Muddy Fox..jpg
    Orange-Muddy Fox..jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 358
  • courier.jpg
    courier.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 358
But that doesnt explain to anyone else reading - this is a very ordinary frame, already out of date geometry wise going by what was available elsewhere. Even the tubing was not anything particularly outstanding, you'd be hard pressed to tell what it was.

$_57.JPG

Compare it to a Kona

$_57.JPG

Orbit

$_57.JPG

Overbury's

IMAG1604_zpsqqz85dfm.jpg

Why aren't we all riding Tushingham? Why Orange?

Even Saracen were looking good with a wishbone rear over conventional stays

file.php

Re:

All relevant points chaps, I can genuinely see both sides - thanks for the 'bumps' too - good spirited discussion.
But it was only £25, and I'm offering it to anyone local who might want it for the same £25.
Or I'll collect and take a look what the fuss is all about ;)
Perhaps I should put it back on eBay with a little clean-up, a full history of 'it's a pre-cursor to Orange but a rebranded far-east frame' disclosure, and we can market test the value (but that sounds like a lot of hassle) :D
Cheers!

legrandefromage":334nqj4y said:
But that doesnt explain to anyone else reading - this is a very ordinary frame, already out of date geometry wise going by what was available elsewhere. Even the tubing was not anything particularly outstanding, you'd be hard pressed to tell what it was.

$_57.JPG

Compare it to a Kona

$_57.JPG

Orbit

$_57.JPG

Overbury's

IMAG1604_zpsqqz85dfm.jpg

Why aren't we all riding Tushingham? Why Orange?

Even Saracen were looking good with a wishbone rear over conventional stays

file.php

Mark this is completely from memory, but the examples you have shown, the Kona and Saracen launched after the Tushingham so couldn't be compared in the market at the same time, , as did the Orbit, which from a sales point of View was a UK disaster.

The Overburys that was a much higher price point anyway (naturally given is was Handbuilt in Bristol, all be it, built down to a price point to try and compete with the New UK brand at the time of the model you have shown which was Orange). , but by the time your Overburys example was marketed Orange were about, and im sure theres no secret Just How upset Overburys were with the UK built Hype that was surrounding Orange at the time when in fact they were far east built and only assembled and painted in the UK.

If you are going to show examples you ought to use bikes from a similar price point to demonstrate your theory, which you haven't.

Compare timelines correctly and you will end up with that French MBK you wanted to put in the History Books. ;)

Re: Re:

MatBH5":14hj5cq9 said:
All relevant points chaps, I can genuinely see both sides - thanks for the 'bumps' too - good spirited discussion.
But it was only £25, and I'm offering it to anyone local who might want it for the same £25.
Or I'll collect and take a look what the fuss is all about ;)
Perhaps I should put it back on eBay with a little clean-up, a full history of 'it's a pre-cursor to Orange but a rebranded far-east frame' disclosure, and we can market test the value (but that sounds like a lot of hassle) :D
Cheers!

Matt It is what it is, cheap and cheerful for £25.quid, for that money I think you could refurb and/or fettle and not be out of pocket, if no else steps forward to help, let me know and ill drive to Exeter at the weekend if I can to grab it for you.

If I were you I would deffo find a way to bring that back. Clean it and ride it over summer and if it doesn't work out you will easily sell it on here if it's fettled and you offer postage.

Really cool bike and looks to be in very good condition and very original

Back