Trying to recall the bike of my childhood

Dendenium

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

I've been browsing the forum for a while now as it's great reading, especially the Readers Rides,but this got me thinking about the bike from my childhood, but I cannot remember what it was. Is this something any of you can help me identify? Asking my Dad or brother unfortunately didn't reveal anything apart from my Dad agreed with me it would almost certainly have been a Raleigh.

It was bought from memory in about 1987. It was blackwith silver writing, with a touring style set up ie pannier on the back, and long chrome coloured mud guards front and back. It had a dynamo powering the front light.

I've checked the raleigh catalogues from around that time,but don't see anything that jumps out at me as the same.

It's a long shot I know,and if no one can help it'll not stop me coming to the forum,and looking for my own retro ride. Thanks in advance.

Andy

Just recalled something extra, it had a black pump that fitted just under the top tube.

On top of that, can recall the brakes had those extensions that meant i could use them on the top bars,plus the tyres were all black when bought, not gumwall.

Certainly looks like it and the name does ring bells cheers :) although surprised at a 531 frame.

Although I can't find a picture in black, there seem to be a few that googled up black. Looks like I have the bike type to look out for.

Don't discount it being a Pursuit with dealer-added accessories either. Not as nice as a Royal but fits your description.

Back