1980s (maybe '90s) bike ID and info please

Different chainset, yours are square taper those are octalink which is splined, wasn't that long lived and bottom brackets while available, can be difficult to source. You can buy just the rings once you know the bolt circle diameter. This way you can just hopefully clean re grease the bottom bracket without having to buy a new one.

View attachment 763468
Thanks once again.
I'll look at buying separate rings, once I've measured the BCD tomorrow. In the meantime, would this https://www.leboncoin.fr/velos/2290574224.htm work as a complete set on my bike, and do you think it is a good buy?
(Then I'll leave you in peace!)

Different chainset, yours are square taper those are octalink which is splined, wasn't that long lived and bottom brackets while available, can be difficult to source. You can buy just the rings once you know the bolt circle diameter. This way you can just hopefully clean re grease the bottom bracket without having to buy a new one.

View attachment 763468
Thanks Gigfy. Now I know that I'm after lightweight 5 hole chainrings 110mm BCD 48 38 28, but after a cursory glance on ebay and leboncoin I haven't managed to find owt. Where's a good place to buy (preferably secondhand, unless new aren't too dear) please? UK outlets are ok as I'll be visiting soon.

Put a wanted advert here in the road wanted section, someone will be able to help. You will need the bcd of the granny ring as I can't remember what size it is.

Back