## Trigger warning ## mental health please read with caution

Siish

Muddy Fox Fan
Feedback
View
I don't really know what to say or how to word it but here goes,

My wife received so devastating news this morning that her cousin who she helped to raise and is roughly the same age as our eldest daughter attempted to commit suicide on Sunday 8th, after having mental health illness for some time. (he wasn't a member of the forum or an avid cycler) he is currently on life support with the next 12 - 24 hours critical, as expected my wife is in pieces over this and the fact our daughter is the same age hits home hard. He was in a band called honour in ashes and there music can be found on you tube (please don't comment on there regarding this).

So I suppose the reason for this post is to remind those that need it, although times are dark please speak to someone even if it's a complete stranger, for everyone else, if you haven't had time for that person (friend/family colleague) to call, message etc, please do it asap as you never know when it will be too late.
So many people are too good at fooling us and hiding behind a fake smile

Take care everyone

Keith

Last edited:
My sympathies are with you and your wife and my thoughts are with the cousin, being a sufferer of mental health problems myself I know how real the struggle is. Talking helps, it is so easy for someone with mental health problems to withdraw and cut themselves off, it is no-ones fault, even though I have no doubt your wife is feeling very different about it.

Take care

Mark

Thanks Mark, yeah my wife is questioning herself as to whether she could of done more etc, I know he was found by his younger brother and his mum, I can't even imagine what they're going through at the moment. Stay safe keith

I don't really know what to say or how to word it be here goes,

My wife received so devastating news this morning that her cousin who she helped to raise and is roughly the same age as our eldest daughter attempted to commit suicide on Sunday 8th, after having mental health illness for some time. (he wasn't a member of the forum or an avid cycler) he is currently on life support with the next 12 - 24 hours critical, as expected my wife is in pieces over this and the fact our daughter hits home hard. He was in a band called honour in ashes and there music can be found on you tube (please don't comment on there regarding this).

So I suppose the reason for this post is to remind those that need it, although times are dark please speak to someone even if it's a complete stranger, for everyone else, if you haven't had time for that person (friend/family colleague) to call, message etc, please do it asap as you never know when it will be too late.
So many people are too good at fooling us and hiding behind a fake smile

Take care everyone

Keith
If this post helps just 1 person, that means it has had a positive outcome and done it's job

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the support, he lived longer than expected by the doctors but passed away at 11am uk time today

Latest posts

Back