1990 Brodie Sovereign

dirttorpedo":ipfjgbfr said:
Nice job. I'd take the brake covers off - don't really add anything IMHO. The gold on the white looks really classy.

I agree that they don't do a great deal for the overall look but this ones going to be an all weather rider (unlike some of my others :oops: ) so I'll see if they are actually beneficial. If I can just throw them in the washing machine after a muddy ride and the brakes are kept clean then I might just keep them on.

Re: Re:

Giom6":1xrnnwed said:
Cool beans mate. What a smasher...

Great build mate and quality parts, looks just right. Looks even better in the Cornish sunlight... :)

Thanks Gio, this was almost a parts bin type build but I was fortunate enough to have a couple of nice spare parts in the bin :LOL:

Re:

First proper ride today, around the moors rather than the coast path. The sun was shining and the bike performed without issue. On this bike I have a slightly shorter and steeper stem than on the 94 Sovereign it replaces. This set-up made it a bit easier to look up and enjoy the scenery - something that makes riding more enjoyable, on a day like today in particular. Very impressed with the roller cams, which provided plenty of stopping power and great modulation. The XCD group performed well throughout although I still need some thumbies to complete the package. I bought the 1.9 ZMax for the previous Sovereign and they cost me a great deal of money, but I can't keep them for best as they are so nice to ride, both on and off the road (I guess I'll be looking for another pair in a few months!). The frame is compliant and responsive and I just love the way it rides. I was curious as to how the Saracen forks would feel (after having a P2 on my previous Sovereign) but they didn't disappoint and I think they suit the build nicely.

Anyway here's a couple of pics of the elusive 'sunny' Cornwall :)

Re: Re:

paulswheels":359xjkln said:
Adrian, Top build there mate! And looks like an excellent day to be out on a jaunt :D

Thanks Paul :)

An even better morning for a ride today....

Re:

The missing piece of the puzzle arrived today courtesy of a very kind gesture from Coleman, thanks Adrian (you still haven't replied to my PM mate ;) )

Now I can get the old XT thumbies off and complete the XCD groupset :D

Never noticed this was suntour. I was having a thought of doing my new white soveriegn XC pro. Just a thought :)

Re:

Yep, all XCD on this one. I'm kitting out the Romax with some XC Pro and I'll put XT on the Catalyst :)

Five and a half years, and a couple more owners, later and this one is back in my hands :)

Latest posts

Back