Tidy-looking GT Xizang on ebay, original (XTR, RS Mag) - now sold

It's clear the seller didn't know what he had, but more than than that is pure speculation... I hope he hasn't had messages to tell him the real value. He was probably delighted to get £300, buyer will be delighted too... what would be the point in spoiling one party's happiness?

It's a pity you British folk don't organise yourselves more.
Pretend like it was that Beyond Fabrications Beryllium wonderbike and that it was worth $20 to 30,000.

Astute. 🙄
Tedious how every seller who’s ignorant about bikes (or with a crap sofa saddle and ugly adjustable stem) is an arsehole, chav or scally.

There’s a myriad reasons why this bloke might not know what he’s got, but instead of a bit of sympathy he gets these lazy assumptions.
For all we know he might be the nicest fella on the planet - but no, he’s clearly a “knobhead”. 🙄

And sorry but anyone that believes his story when he says "my nan gave it to me" is naïve at best.
He's claiming it's his. Yeah right. You put a saddlebag on it did ya? If you know sweet FA about bikes, whatever for?
And why two watter bottle cages?

Some of you are so... gullible. Honestly.

Apologies if I seem cynical, grumpy and all that. It's because I am.
I just had my dog attacked, a sooky rescue greyhound (who is literally afraid of moths, basically would not hurt a fly), then of course I was threatened by the owner, and then on top of that he's scarpered as he obviously doesn't want to pay the impending vet bill. So yeah, absolutely I do not trust some people one iota.

Last edited:
It's a pity you British folk don't organise yourselves more.
Pretend like it was that Beyond Fabrications Beryllium wonderbike and that it was worth $20 to 30,000.

And sorry but anyone that believe his story when he says "my nan gave it to me" is naïve at best.
He's claiming it's his. Yeah right. You put a saddlebag on it did ya? If you know sweet FA about bikes, whatever for?
And why two watter bottle cages?

Some of you are so... gullible. Honestly.

Apologies if I seem cynical, grumpy and all that. It's because I am.
I just had my dog attacked, a sooky rescue greyhound (who is literally afraid of moths, basically would not hurt a fly), then of course I was threatened by the owner, and then on top of that he's scarpered as he obviously doesn't want to pay the impending vet bill. So yeah, absolutely I do not trust people one iota.
Hope your dog is OK Synchro...!

Oh she's alright. Will require stitches, tomorrow morning. 😐
Poor dog, I call her "my special one".
She has the nicest temperament, beautiful silky smooth "blue" coat.
She has a few cuts on her body, front paw, side of body.

Attachments

• IMG_20230824_173604.jpg
    IMG_20230824_173604.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 15
Oh she's alright. Will require stitches, tomorrow morning. 😐
Poor dog, I call her "my special one".
She has the nicest temperament, beautiful silky smooth "blue" coat.
She has a few cuts on her body, front paw, side of body.
Ouch, that does look nasty...poor thing! Hopefully, she'll heal up quickly!

His old nanna has good taste in bikes then; only a top of the line titanium xizang with full xtr kit gifted to what would have been a toddler.😂🤣

a-bike-thief-responds.jpg

It’s shot up quickly. I was messaging bloke to buy it but he’s letting auction run now it’s making good money.

Didn’t you have a cracked one? On triple triangle?
Its fully repaired now (only got it tidy'd up for peace of mind) the repairers confirmed its not a stress crack it was from the initial cooling process of the titanium back in 1995 :p

His old nanna has good taste in bikes then; only a top of the line titanium xizang with full xtr kit gifted to what would have been a toddler.😂🤣

View attachment 771859

How do you know his age?

Are you assuming he’s had it since new as many high end bikes are sold used by bike shops.

My Nan bought me many expensive gift as she always said she’d rather me have a hobby and also spend her money now and see the joy it brings rather than be spent once she’s gone.

You should be really careful making lots of assumptions, and accusations without any evidence as one day maybe someone does it to you and I guarantee you that you will not like it.

Back