Thoughts pls - is suspension travel too long?

my original comment was based on 75mm to 100mm. if it is as indicated by joglo that it originally had 63mm then yes, that's a bit much especially as the judy SL was a really short ATC fork designed for XC at the time.
Thanks - I guess a 65mm fork would be ideal

Hello all,

I've relieved ibbz of these O24U forks in a swap with my quake airs. Going on my later Gary fisher...

Quick question as I'm a Muppet with suspension forks; to just refresh oil, can I just drop the bottom bolts, drain and then pour fresh oil back in?

Quantities for o24u are in that workshop manual, although these are the s version (OEM, no rebound adjustment) - 145ml right leg, 50ml left - assume these will be right, but oil weight not mentioned - any help appreciated!

Cheers,

Xtaffa

I don't know the specific forks, but normally you take the tops off, flip the forks and pump the oil out, refill is reverse. :)
Cheers - what sort of weight goes in push bike fork? Does that not matter too much, or is it so significant it can tweak/screw up damping?! Have access to a bottle of 5w/30 sae motorcycle fork oil...

Looks like the finish matches the Bianchi sticker on the seat tube too.
Indeed, also the silver base color fit to some parts of the bike, just a bit red is missing in the front. What about plotting red "QUAKE" decals in original size to add them as overlay?

Cheers - what sort of weight goes in push bike fork? Does that not matter too much, or is it so significant it can tweak/screw up damping?! Have access to a bottle of 5w/30 sae motorcycle fork oil...

changes from fork to fork. manual should give you an idea what it needs. different oil weight will change dampening rate but unlikely to screw much else up.

changes from fork to fork. manual should give you an idea what it needs. different oil weight will change dampening rate but unlikely to screw much else up.
Cheers - nothing in the manuals on this thread, but the earlier year Quake Air took 5W in one leg, 30w in other, so will go with 5w and see what happens!

5 and 8 I think it might say (very last page in the manual, SW5, 8 for real retobikers, 5 for the unnaturally fit retobikers most likely.

Basically just speeds up/slows damping.

I'll see if I can find the other ones.
30W sounds like a small splash bath, lubrication?

Latest posts

Back