The WW bug

lucky to have never had the bug to shake off. when im less than 15 1/2 stone myself ill worry about a light bike haha. same with some trackday mates, lightweight cars but some are..............very large lads :)

Guilty, M'lud.

my full retro, (all components between 93-96) 24 speed, front sus came in at under 20lb, with no real concessions to strength.

I'm trying to get it under 20lb with maguras at the moment...

So glad I don't own digital scales. Or else I would be forced to weight every part that gets on a bike. I totally understand that. Is some sort of perfectionism. And it comes natural to those who like to make things better. When I started my mtb career, I was so glad I could afford to swap my 200GS derailleur for a XT version. After quite some iterations I have now had 5 different XTR derailleurs and still feel the urge to "make it better". So Aluminium bolts it is. They are nice, they are something new. Natural development. :roll:

I threw my decent scales away in about 2003. Had one too many lightweight part fail under my (increasing) weight.

Just weigh the whole bike these days. And upgrade for overall performance/ergonomics/repair.

Re: Re:

scottproonly":3cazm2of said:
You misunderstood my op!
BTW, i think you meant "scratch the itch" ;)

The whole thread would have made much more sense from the start!

Re:

In other words ... its all about 'ME' ... me me me me meeeeeeee ...

"Hey - look at me, everybody" !! :LOL:

Back