The MS Racing/alpinestars story.

regan_ev":krr26fhb said:
mrkawasaki":krr26fhb said:
Can't keep 'em all! Big sell off is approaching...

If there's a Ti Mega in there for future sale, I'd like first dibs on that please ;) :xmas-big-grin:

Never managed to acquire a Ti - needs the riding finesse of Tim Davies to avoid the inevitable, eh, Mark?! ;-) Keeping the DX of course, as it's the pick of the AS bunch IMHO - great tubeset, surely one of the lightest e-stays, really well worked and much undervalued by the cognoscenti...

mrkawasaki":1d6d5vvv said:
Never managed to acquire a Ti - needs the riding finesse of Tim Davies to avoid the inevitable, eh, Mark?! ;-) Keeping the DX of course, as it's the pick of the AS bunch IMHO - great tubeset, surely one of the lightest e-stays, really well worked and much undervalued by the cognoscenti...

Any links to it? I've searched but cannot find anything :oops:

Just agreed to buy an MS Racing pro XT. Collecting it later so I'll post pics. Unfortunately I don't think it has the xt groupset, but I'm no expert. We're they marked with xt in '89? Cheers.

Daffy":1wdbvce8 said:
Just agreed to buy an MS Racing pro XT. Collecting it later so I'll post pics. Unfortunately I don't think it has the xt groupset, but I'm no expert. We're they marked with xt in '89? Cheers.
Yes, Deore XT existed in 89 so this should have a full XT groupset.
I look forward to seeing pics! :cool:

Re:

I've just got back with it. The gentleman has owned it since new. Seems to be all there, although it has mks pedals and a burgundy saddle? He said it was one of the first in the country and that he paid £500 when new.
I like it because of its rarity. Going to fully strip it back, clean and degrease everything then try and get the frame and fork looking nice. You can see the original colour yellow on the forks where tape once held a computer wire. I love it!!

Back