Panasonic team MTB

Cool rider. A couple years ago I were able to get hands on a Panasonic MC Team. It had seen a lot use and about the only original part left was the frame. Many chips, scratches and a dent in the toptube. I disassembled the bike and polished and waxed the paint. Nice item to study, but the shape is not nice enough to build it up. The MC Team frame uses Tange Prestige tubing. Lugged construction, brazed with silver. The MC Team frame is very light.

A Panasonic dealer gave me a catalogue with your MC Pro in it in 1991. The catalogue is available in the archive, including the price list. It was 4700 guilders.
Thanks for the info, must have been a fortune back then in the Netherlands...

With the 600mm toptube and 140mm stem the cockpit is somewhat longer than I am used to with other bikes, but it still works for me.

53111974218_e56cac41e9_h.jpg

53111468756_bce3882448_h.jpg

Panasonic make panaracer tires, so I am guessing the are panaracer latex tubes???
This was something I'd never considered until a couple of days ago someone mentioned original National 'tubes & my small mind made the connection between National (I have an old National Panasonic M5 video camera) and Panaracer possibly being another Matsushita brand... Now, did they ever release a Technics groupset? I feel they missed a trick there lol

Video showing modern frame production by Panasonic. I see lugged steel, fillet brazed steel and welded titanium.

Back