The MS Racing/alpinestars story.

As mentioned here a bit earlier, there was another MS Racing brochure for 1988 including the first bikes (in white and blue).
This famous '88 Christmas catalog.
It's currently on sale at ebay

Please find below the some pictures, not sure but maybe there was only one picture showing MTBs, the rest was all Motocross accessories, protectors and apparel.
MS Racing 1988 Christmas catalog 1.jpg
MS Racing 1988 Christmas catalog 4.jpg
MS Racing 1988 Christmas catalog 9.jpg

@john and @FluffyChicken would it make sense to upload this also to the Alpinestars brochures Archive? The quality isn't great and the brochures aren't complete, but it's the only thing available about MS bikes, in particular the first series. Just let me know what do you think?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Interesting brochure. The paint scheme on the Pro Comp XT is completely different than the neon mix on my example. The fork is different as well. I wonder if that was done using early preproduction models.

@joglo amazing addition to this thread! Proper dodgy 80s marketing/advertising there! Also like the fact that the Pro Comp XT in the brochure is 0.1lbs heavier than the Exage model... ;) And then the Exage model has 1.62" wide tyres... Love it!

Interesting brochure. The paint scheme on the Pro Comp XT is completely different than the neon mix on my example. The fork is different as well. I wonder if that was done using early preproduction models.
just go back a few posts before
it seems there was a first series of MS Racing bikes already in 1988 (with non-neon colors) and MS Racing / Motocross dealers have been offered an initial package with 12 bikes, accessories and POS material.

Also to me this was new but very interesting. I personally only know the neon bikes.
But blue and white MS Racing bikes had been actually sold, I've found meanwhile a few (old) offers.
MS Racing Comp XT early model.jpg

Please also notice, we found out meanwhile that at least the aluminum MS Racing bikes had been produced by Merida (they also had identical bikes, just with different paint job).

Latest posts

Back