The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

Alright lads, I'm on the hunt for an STS frame, in particular the front end. I've already got one and need another for a little project I've got in mind. It doesn't need to be in a ridable condition so if there's a few loose fibres or cracks that's fine as it won't be used for a build. The one I've just managed to pick up is buggered but perfect for my plan, still a beaut though. Any help would be gratefully recieved, and I promise to add pics of my project when I manage to get hold of No 2.

Steve.

P.s. some absolutly STUNNING builds goin on from what I see in this thread

I have an 18" frame that I am thinking about selling but is is not damaged and so it will probably be too expensive for your needs.
You should be able to get a damaged one at a good price.
If anybody would like to buy this frame please contact me by email as I cannot always get on to the site but I can pick-up emails on my iPhone at any time.
I bought it on eBay as a complete bike to do-up but I already have another frame that I am working on and have now found that the funds will not stretch to building a second STS so I have decided to reluctantly part with it.
I paid £400 for the complete bike which was not too bad so that is the ball park I am hoping to sell it for to get my money back towards some parts to complete my other STS.

Might be able to get hold of a broken front end of an sts

Me and a guy off here tried to repair it but it's breaking again

So it would be up for grabs

Hi, from Finland! New STS-frame owner here! Frame is from year -98 and size 16". Rear shock is RS SuperDeluxe but the innards of it is quite rotten, so I may have to replace it. Also have to start getting parts for complete bike. So this is a starting point and I'm looking forward to build this fine project! Feel free to comment and offer me parts for sell to my new project. Cheers, Sami

Attachments

• 13120018.jpg
    13120018.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 371
Guys, I own a GT STS-1000 and built a custom adapter compatible with 5.5", 6.5", and 7.5" Air Shocks.
cd1000b.jpg

Take a look at this adapter at

http://www.fullmooncycling.com

My STS frame looks a little bit dull and I seem to remember them having a little more shine on them when they were new.

Polishing the alloy parts is easy but does anyone have any good tips for giving the black thermo-plastic parts of the frame a nice protective coating to help it look a little less "dead" and perhaps to protect it at the same time?

Maybe they always had a dull finish and it was just my admiration of something that I could not afford at the time that made it shine ............

zooma5949":36tnqmep said:
My STS frame looks a little bit dull and I seem to remember them having a little more shine on them when they were new.

Polishing the alloy parts is easy but does anyone have any good tips for giving the black thermo-plastic parts of the frame a nice protective coating to help it look a little less "dead" and perhaps to protect it at the same time?

Maybe they always had a dull finish and it was just my admiration of something that I could not afford at the time that made it shine ............

I just give mine a good coat of car wax, looks great :cool:

Re:

I have been rebuilding my GT STS 1000 DS and noticed that the bottom suspension support bar is bent and so was the bolt that went through it. Does anyone know where I can get a new bottom suspension support bar or if I could just get some tube stalk and cut that to size?

Back