The collection is looking Flat!

I think what Gearless suggested is definately one possible way.
Building custom "future collectibles"
Enjoying the modern technology while quenching collectors desire.. :)
(That Black Cat is very tasty btw!)

Here's what I'm thinking.... Tell me if you think I've lost my mind.:LOL: This is NOT intended as a classified add, so please don't PM me yet or I may crawl back under my rock and hide from the whole decision making process entirely! :LOL:

Keepers - Turner 5-Spot, WTB Phoenix, 1994 EWR OWB (mine since new), Brodie Catalyst, 1993 Cannondale Beast of the East (same as in college), 1990 Klein Rascal (same as in college)

On the Hot Seat - Redline Monocog29 (this will be the compliment to the Turner and the WTB until the new bike is assembled.

Out Door! - 1988 Rocky Mountain Avalanche (TOYO), Yokota Yosemite (TOYO), TST-Sandvik Titanium, and...2008 EWR OWB 26er.

In addition, parts will also be offered up, including NOS Tomac Rims, Rithcey rims, 517 Citron rims, DX and XT short cage rear derailleurs.

My goal is to be down to just a handful of bikes and a manageable lot of spares. I have to say though, that my heart hurts just thinking about it all. :cry:

I was just getting ready to tee up a PM to you about the white EWR. Bummer! ;)

I think your "Keep" list is good. It's a nice mix of modern and retro; steel and aluminum; full suspension, hardtail, and rigid.

I was going to start a thread but I'll save space and use this one.

I went mountain biking yesterday for the first time since Cannock or the FoD (can't remember which but it was months ago) and I'm not sure I enjoyed it much.

Within a mile and a half, my hands were hurting followed quickly by my wrists. Not to be left out, my shoulders went numb soon after. I got covered in crap and ended up with grit in my shorts. I will have to clean the bike in due course.

I don't want to sound like I'm moaning but it'll probably be months before I go again.

Now tonight I have killed my Spinacci bars. The cycling gods have forsaken me.

mfh126":2wn8us4s said:
I was just getting ready to tee up a PM to you about the white EWR. Bummer! ;)

I think your "Keep" list is good. It's a nice mix of modern and retro; steel and aluminum; full suspension, hardtail, and rigid.

The Brodie is somewhat questionable too, but it was so hard to find that I feel like I'd be a fool to send it along.

Iwasgoodonce":2wn8us4s said:
The cycling gods have forsaken me.

I feel your pain! But for me, it is the retro-cycling gods. :shock: I'm riding quite a bit, but usually on the Monocog or the Turner.

The blue EWR is on the flea, and the Rocky Mountain is on deck. Although whenever I look at the Rocky I get cold feet to sell it. Such a nifty frame and very well made.

Sad days. :cry:

A month in and I have sold quite a few components and suspension forks, but not a frame, at least not since the Zaskar and GT Avalanche. I still have the blue EWR but it is stripped bare and hanging in storage. I'll throw it up on the flea occasionally but I'm not going hungry so I won't give it away. Sad to see it just hanging there though.

The Rocky hasn't gone anywhere yet either. I need to box it up and get some measurements and weights so I can estimate for folks who need international shipping. I don't usually ship overseas because it is a PITA, but for the Rocky I think I'll offer that.

Just an update.

been feeling a bit like that recently
but as it was sunny yesterday avo i had a bit of a clear up
stuck 10 partially stripped bikes up the loft , to join the 8 already up there
so now i have some space in the shed
feeling better already

do think i need to sell some on but being a deprived child and now being
OCD/ ALZ i find it hard to make the descision and pull the trigger

happy daze

So last October I think it was, I had the 2008 EWR sold, had a Best Offer to my BO-BIN auction that was above my minimum but still low enough to require my approval, and I could not do it. I could not pull the trigger.

Long story short. I haven't been able to bring myself to sell much of anything. Many parts, but nothing significant anyway. :roll: :LOL:

Even when I try to sell off the gobs of underutilized stuff I hoard, I suck at it! :LOL: :p Plus, it has been so long since I've updated the thread, that glancing around the board I barely know who half you people are! :p

Back