Thatcher dead

tintin40":1qq6oqj6 said:
...Why you in Aus still keep with us I don't know. If you left the Commonwealth then may be Asia would look on you as Asians and not EurAsian??

Don’t forget there are Asian countries in the Commonwealth (Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Singapore and Malaysia). I think Australia would get a bit more respect regionally if we became a republic and severed all formal ties with the British Monarchy (there is the image of us hanging onto our mothers’ apron strings).

LQQK":1hymrrb3 said:
tintin40":1hymrrb3 said:
...Why you in Aus still keep with us I don't know. If you left the Commonwealth then may be Asia would look on you as Asians and not EurAsian??

Don’t forget there are Asian countries in the Commonwealth (Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka, Singapore and Malaysia). I think Australia would get a bit more respect regionally if we became a republic and severed all formal ties with the British Monarchy (there is the image of us hanging onto our mothers’ apron strings).

Certainly agree with you. And yet Canada shows not much sign of thinking the same. May be if the French part left??

Back