Thatcher dead

mattbrown":1msro3z1 said:
here here, cant stand those boody unions, "we dont get what we want we go on strike", they're rearing their ugly heads again under labour, cuz they pay labour, crush them again otherwise we will end up like france.

Everyone jumped onto the union bandwagon at work, cuz we could possibly all be loosing our jobs, but no one actually told me why i should join. so sod that, i aint respected in my job, i go elsewhere.

postman Pat, postman Pat
postman Pat and his unionised cat,
Early in the morning,
They're still in bed a-snoring,
And I'm wondering where's my post you fookin twat.

:LOL:

My home town in Wales is, like many others, a half-hearted landscaped eyesore that used to thrive with trains, steel and coal. It was her avowed intention to turn this country from heavy into service industries with no forsight into global enonomies which wouldn't just undercut but be undercut themselves for cheaper and cheaper out-sourced labour.
There are extremes ignored in this argument, granted, like the future dictator President Scargill or the union ravaged 1979 Britain with it's imploding nationalised industries. Hers though was an extremist answer itself of totalitarian government waging a sh1t or bust fight with the unions funded by or North Sea oil and gas.
The oil, gas and coal have gone. The steel, shipping and railways are minute or dying. We live in a lawyer deregulated claims culture. Cheers Maggie, burn in hell you bitch.

It wasn't Thatcher but the Unions that destroyed this countries manufacturing and had held the country to randsome too many times. They brought it upon themselves.
I grew up in a mining town in South Yorkshire during the strikes. Whilst my mate's families went without food and decent clothing, good old King Aurther was having a smashing extension with a sauna and hot tub put onto his already sizeable house out in country.
I look forward to his and all the other short sighted union leaders passings. When Mrs Thatcher goes I shall raise a glass to her name. Try and remember some of the many positive things she did- she had a huge part in ending the cold war, something rarely credited. We grew up under the shadow of the bomb, and thanks to the work she put in between the Russians and the Yanks its something our children won't have to live with.

It's all about balance. Too strong unions and week politicians you get the 70's didn't matter what colour the gov. Get to strong Gov weak unions and you get China, Russia, South America, USA so on.
We have a fairly good balance at the moment. The unions are certainly not too strong. And Gov still has the laws that Thatcher put in place to control them.

She is a living legend. She took no bullshit on the world stage, she did not give in to bullying unions and let thousands of people own their own homes. If only the current prime minister had as much balls! I for one am not aloud to strike and I am not aloud to be part of any union. I am sick to death of public sector workers trying to hold the country to ransome. If we are not aloud to strike then nor should the Leeds bin workers, the Sheffield bus drivers, the Fire Service or Royal Mail. When Maggie was in charge I was proud to be British, this labour goverment makes that very difficult. Just my thoughts folks!

Trevor.

But she was to stupid to not listen over the 'poll' tax and look what happen riots and she fell from office :roll:

Good politician must listen. Dictators don't

Thorpie":17boto8e said:
She is a living legend. She took no bullshit on the world stage, she did not give in to bullying unions and let thousands of people own their own homes. If only the current prime minister had as much balls! I for one am not aloud to strike and I am not aloud to be part of any union. I am sick to death of public sector workers trying to hold the country to ransome. If we are not aloud to strike then nor should the Leeds bin workers, the Sheffield bus drivers, the Fire Service or Royal Mail. When Maggie was in charge I was proud to be British, this labour goverment makes that very difficult. Just my thoughts folks!

Trevor.

Were you at the same school as Matt?

kaiser":t1j27rm4 said:
Thorpie":t1j27rm4 said:

Trevor.

Were you at the same school as Matt?

I am from the west country stock, no real government represented us, labour, is all t'north, and conservatives are south east, i wouldnt like to think what labour would have done, if the argies invaded the falklands on their watch.

Dr S":1yb3v00w said:
I grew up in a mining town in South Yorkshire during the strikes. Whilst my mate's families went without food and decent clothing, good old King Aurther was having a smashing extension with a sauna and hot tub put onto his already sizeable house out in country.

As did I. Funny how the same experiences can result in opposite conclusions.

Only reason the area I'm from started 10 years on to pull itself out of the hole Thatcher dug, is due to subsidies from the EU for impoverished areas in need of urgent help.

Scargill was a hypocritical careerist - on that we agree. And I'm not the type to desecrate graves. But Thatcher's revolution was a catastrophe for South Yorkshire and it's still not got over it.

Back