Wanted Hope tech3 v4 and non boost front hub

naram

Dirt Disciple
Hi you all !
I'm searching for a pair of hope tech 3 v4 brakes, don't mind much about the visual aspect but must be in good working conditon. (I can bleed them of course)
Also looking for a front hope hub, either pro 2 evo or pro 4, non boost native, good condition would be nice.
Preference for black or silver color wise for both request but looking at all options.
Thanks in advance !

I have a set of tech 3 e4s (black; spare pads, hoses, and reservoir top caps ready for a complete refresh) if that's any good? Currently sat on my ibis Ripley v4 that will be stripped soon.

Hello, that's nice of you but i need as much stop power as possible, so i'll keep looking for v4 i think
Have a nice day !

Hello, that's nice of you but i need as much stop power as possible, so i'll keep looking for v4 i think
Have a nice day !
Then forget tech3 and go for tech4 as they are considerably more powerful than the previous generation.
Theres very little difference power wise between E4 and V4, with V4 having a wider spacing to accommodate Vented rotors. So if you are using vented, then it must be V4, but if you intend to use standard rotors then you would probably be better getting E4 as the pistons wont need to come out as far so (imho) are going to be less prone to vibration and possible squealing.

After a lot of reading that's indeed what seems to stand out indeed, tech4 levers is a real noticeable improvement.
And thanks for the tip between e4 and v4, i guess you tried them both ? I have read plenty of reviews on the two models but very few people comparing each other after experience in real life especially with tech4.
I don't plan too much on running finned pads considering the price and not being a professional downhill rider, but i may have a very good deal for v4 so probably going for it, although i guess both e4 or v4 can't be bad choices either, I'll see what deal come first
After that just need a solarismax or pace rc429 frame and i have my (almost) dream build !

i guess you tried them both ?
Nope, only the V4's. One set on the Ebike with 2.3mm heavy duty rotors(with little lightening bolts on them, very ebike cool) and another set on a nukeproof mega, but with vented rotors- vented rotors are about 3.4mm.
Another forum im on has plenty of riders who ride races, big stuff and many of them rate the E4 as highly as V4.

Back